Baby BMW Forum banner

Speed limit info

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  cbr600ant 
#1 ·
Hi, I've been reading the threads on this and can't find the answer to the following question...

What happens with speed limit info when you are going past a side road or along another parallel road where you can clearly see the speed limit sign of the other road. Does the speed limit info think this is the speed limit of your road? I.e. is the system accurate and worth adding on?

Thanks

#5 ·
It is great and it gets it right 90+% of the time - I find it very useful for a quick reminder and have it up all the time too. It's particularly useful in roadworks or with the ever-changing "smart" motorway gantry signs! But yes, it will pick up the wrong sign occasionally.

There's a bit on my daily commute where a side road branches off at about 45 degrees and the speed limit sign for that road (60 instead of 40 for the main road) is right at the junction. The speed display always changes to 60 when I go past! But it's rare when it gets things wrong from what I've seen so far and it's usually an example like that, where it's pretty obvious it's going to.

#6 ·
It works, it is accurate. But I picks up the wrong sign quite often, as you say, of parallel roads and other unusual sign locations. After all it is camera based and when a sign is where it is expected it will read it and apply it.
But it must be a very specific situation.
If you discount the unusual ones it is pretty reliable.

#7 ·
This exact situation happened to me yesterday (slip lane on left national speed limit,A road I was on roadworks so reduced to 40mph. The 2 road speed signs were placed only approximately 15 yards apart in line with each other. so I thought I would watch the dash and see....
It did briefly change to 70mph for only half a second then straight back to 40mph,so top marks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.