USB Map Update Guide

Check here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

User avatar
MattyNZL
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:02 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: USB Map Update Guide

Post by MattyNZL » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:49 am

Ok so mine has now also worked. Seems that me using my iPod classic in storage mode was the issue. My windows computer had issues with formatting the USB stick to FAT32, so that also caused some issues.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
BMWNeil
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:58 pm
Location: Surrey

Re: USB Map Update Guide

Post by BMWNeil » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:22 am

MattyNZL wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:49 am
Ok so mine has now also worked. Seems that me using my iPod classic in storage mode was the issue. My windows computer had issues with formatting the USB stick to FAT32, so that also caused some issues.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry mate, only just seen this reply, glad you got it working, I think my issue was the FAT32 issue too!
Current : 16' M135i Manual in EB, Spings/Spacers, M4 LCA, JB4, MPE, MTC Intercooler & DECAT & BMS Meth!! :spotman:

Past - Astra VXR Stage 4.5, Fiesta ST500 and Clio (Rush :roll: )

User avatar
MattyNZL
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:02 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: USB Map Update Guide

Post by MattyNZL » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:51 am

No worries. Trial and error!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chicoume
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:54 pm

Re: USB Map Update Guide

Post by chicoume » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:01 pm

Hello.
I registered on this forum just to be able to thank you for your fantastic guide.
Here are some more information that may be helpful.
I updated recently my 540d to the latest EUROPE EVO 2017-3 and can indeed confirm you need a 64GB usb stick.
The problem I ran into is that you cannot format a stick of more than 32GB to FAT32 in Windows, you have to use a third party tool.
Here is a link to one that should work : http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index. ... format.htm
If you have the latest OSX High Sierra you are fine and can safely format a 64GB stick to FAT with the disk utility.
Hope this helps ;)

User avatar
Mad_Mac
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: USB Map Update Guide

Post by Mad_Mac » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:08 pm

BMW website saying that "This app is not available for your BMW "(USB map updates). :?
I have LCI with standard nav.
F20 2015 M135i LCI manual, black, coral interior, comfort pack, black grill and MPE

juggsy
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: USB Map Update Guide

Post by juggsy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:15 am

Mad_Mac wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:08 pm
BMW website saying that "This app is not available for your BMW "(USB map updates). :?
I have LCI with standard nav.
I had exactly the same issue on a F36 440i. I spoke to the BMW Connected Drive helpline and allegedly there's an issue with OTA / map updates which is why there's not an option in the portal or anything coming down to the car, and so a master ticket has been raised and sent over to Germany.

Hopefully it'll get resolved soon.

User avatar
Mad_Mac
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: USB Map Update Guide

Post by Mad_Mac » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:03 pm

juggsy wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:15 am
Mad_Mac wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:08 pm
BMW website saying that "This app is not available for your BMW "(USB map updates). :?
I have LCI with standard nav.
I had exactly the same issue on a F36 440i. I spoke to the BMW Connected Drive helpline and allegedly there's an issue with OTA / map updates which is why there's not an option in the portal or anything coming down to the car, and so a master ticket has been raised and sent over to Germany.

Hopefully it'll get resolved soon.
Thank you for your input. Let me know how it ended.
F20 2015 M135i LCI manual, black, coral interior, comfort pack, black grill and MPE

Np01
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:53 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: USB Map Update Guide

Post by Np01 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:38 am

I have navigation Next 2014/2. When I go to connnected drive and purchase usb map updates I get to payment then comes up with error, anyone had similar issues, it’s Pro Nav system also

Post Reply

Return to “In Car Entertainment, Communication & Sat Nav”