From manual back to auto mode?

Check here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc.

Moderators: Lambster, marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Rich196

Bmwomg

From manual back to auto mode?

Post by Bmwomg » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:47 am

So if I'm in auto mode and click paddles to go into manual mode, how do I tell the box to go back into auto mode?

Any help gratefully appreciated :)

GhostRider203
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: From manual back to auto mode?

Post by GhostRider203 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:39 pm

You can either flick the gearstick across to the left and back again to auto, or hold the right paddle in for a couple of seconds (Holding the left paddle in for a couple of seconds drops the car straight to the lowest gear for your speed like kickdown. Holding in the right paddle switches back to normal auto) 👍

If the car is in automatic drive and you use the paddles to manually change gear, auto will kick back in anyway when the driving settles. If you manually change gear with the paddles and then flick the gear stick to the left, you will stay in manual until you flick the stick back to the right. Make sense!? :confused1:
    2018 M140i Shadow Edition 5-door Auto LCI 2 - Mineral Grey - Jet Black Wheels - High-gloss Black - Front and Rear PDC - Reverse Camera - Folding Mirrors - Pro Media.

Gimbal
    Knowledgeable Member
    Knowledgeable Member

Post by Gimbal » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:14 pm

Or the quickest way, pull and hold the right paddle, flick the left paddle, release the right paddle and you are in auto. Sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't.

GeeDee
    Enthusiastic Member
    Enthusiastic Member

Post by GeeDee » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:22 pm

Gimbal wrote:
    Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:14 pm
    Or the quickest way, pull and hold the right paddle, flick the left paddle, release the right paddle and you are in auto. Sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't.
    Assuming you were starting in D, using the paddles to go back to auto mode might depend on which model you have but it doesn't work on my Pre LCI M135i as continued use of paddles keeps it in manual.

Just leave the paddles alone and it will return to auto by itself.

However, if you were starting in S, using the paddles will take you to manual permanently and the only way back, on my car, is to return the gear lever to D and back again to S.
    64 plate F20 M135i-Auto used in M :drive:-LSD-Sunroof-Bells & whistles-OBDII Reader-No dipstick-Jack in boot-Tesco 99-Can be driven off without key-Bluetack on mirror sensor-Handbrake bedded in-No obvious difference between Comfort & Sports

GhostRider203
    Knowledgeable Member
    Knowledgeable Member

Post by GhostRider203 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:50 pm

Gimbal wrote:
    Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:14 pm
    Didn't realise you could do this so tried it today. Definitely the quickest and easiest way to switch back to auto, nice one! :thumbs:
      2018 M140i Shadow Edition 5-door Auto LCI 2 - Mineral Grey - Jet Black Wheels - High-gloss Black - Front and Rear PDC - Reverse Camera - Folding Mirrors - Pro Media.

Return to “In Car Entertainment, Communication & Sat Nav”