Dension 500 and MOST (Logic 7) & IPOD

Check here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc.

Moderators: babybmwadmin, Rich196, Producethis, Lambster, marco_polo

Rephlex
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Dension 500 and MOST (Logic 7) & IPOD

Post by Rephlex » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:41 pm

OT;

Quaife - as you'll recall I had the car a relatively short time before all the mods were fitted, as I had sourced the 130i with the project expressly in mind in conjunction with Kevin Bird. I can feel the benefit of the diff on virtually every trip, and that doesn't mean I am hooning it sideways everywhere. In fact, quite the opposite. The car has great traction at all times, I rarely trouble the DSC, and my tyre wear after 10k is thankfully minimal. Now the weather is improving I expect that to start to change as I have more involving drives. The normal tyres continue to impress too - they are so much better than the runflats.

CDV - if you believe the Americans it's as if it's a night and day improvement. It's better definitely and I'm glad I did it. It doesn't feel as if I have introduced a mechanical weakness. Would be interested to read the dual mass flywheel problems you have seen.

Other - my car is being loaned to Birds in a couple of weeks for some assessment by a renowned suspension expert at Bruntingthorpe. It's likely that after some development Birds will launch their own bespoked fast road package for the 1-series as they don't feel that any of the aftermarket manufacturers have got it quite right "off the shelf". Watch this space.
'05 130i M Sport 5dr with Birds, Hartge, AP Racing and Quaife goodies

kiforrest
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by kiforrest » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:49 pm

A mobridge is on its way - purchased off ebay. Couple of months old (the unit) out of a 911. I'll keep you posted how I go
Current: 2017 M240i Conv, 8AT, HK, Comfort Pack, Driver Pack, Nav Pro, F/M, BT+, Wi-Fi, Adap Sus
Prev: 2012 Audi A8 4.2TDi Sport, 2012 BMW F30 320D, 2009 Passat CC, 2006 BMW 130i, 2005 M3

kiforrest
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by kiforrest » Sun May 25, 2008 7:41 pm

Pleased to say the Mobridge is in..... and working beautifully :D :D :D . Many thanks to Adrien @ Higher Octane and Mobridge USA for their support :spotman:

Pics and a small install write up to follow. Couldn't be simpler.... 30 min job topside 8) . Sound & IPOD control is 1st rate 8) 8) 8)
Current: 2017 M240i Conv, 8AT, HK, Comfort Pack, Driver Pack, Nav Pro, F/M, BT+, Wi-Fi, Adap Sus
Prev: 2012 Audi A8 4.2TDi Sport, 2012 BMW F30 320D, 2009 Passat CC, 2006 BMW 130i, 2005 M3

Rephlex
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Rephlex » Sun May 25, 2008 10:21 pm

Now that IS promising :D Look forward to hearing more from the guinea pig :lol:

Ranger 6
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ranger 6 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:02 am

kiforrest wrote:Pics and a small install write up to follow...
More, more, more please!!Image

Have been following this with interest!!
X3 3.0d M Sport
Mini Cooper S

Trackrod Rally Yorkshire

nic325

Post by nic325 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:05 am

Hey Kiforrest,

Any advice/pitfalls to look for with the Mobridge fitment?
About to attempt a fit. Did you replace the cd changer and fit in the boot or fit under the dash?
Any advice would be welcomed!!

cheers
Nic

130i LHD, Sport Paket, Nav pro.

Rephlex
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Rephlex » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Time to resurrect this thread and bring it back from the dead!

I was curious and browsed the Dension website today. It would now suggest that the Gateway 500 GW51MO2 is compatible with 2004+ E87 with iDrive, Professional (CCC, 8.8”, dual slot).

I have a contact who is a Dension dealer, so I confirmed my exact car spec, chassis number etc and he has come back to me and advised that it is compatible. He is getting hold of the hardware and I should have it fitted sometime next week.

Fingers crossed! :D

gIzzE
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by gIzzE » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:02 pm

I completely missed this thread, I have fitted a Dension into a couple of iDrive cars, one a 1 series and one a 3 sereis which uses the same CCC so exactly the same.

They work fine.

Rephlex
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Rephlex » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:51 pm

gIzzE wrote:I completely missed this thread, I have fitted a Dension into a couple of iDrive cars, one a 1 series and one a 3 sereis which uses the same CCC so exactly the same.

They work fine.
Thanks. I'll post an update soon with some pics.

blingers
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by blingers » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:18 pm

A thread revival for the nth time lol. Any updates and reviews on these systems?

Rephlex
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Rephlex » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:28 pm

blingers wrote:A thread revival for the nth time lol. Any updates and reviews on these systems?
Haha. This has been fitted in my car since April. I will post up some comments this evening. It works; it's by no means perfect but that's probably because I haven't spent any time RTFM. :D

Peterst

Re: Dension 500 - installation of GW52MO1/2

Post by Peterst » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:45 pm

n+1 ;-)

I'm looking into a Dension GW52MO2 for a 2007LCI 130i and was wondering, how difficult is it to install?

Seen a video of a installation in a E46 cabrio, that had the radio and all in the back and needed a long extention to the front.

So I have some questions, cannot find much on the Internet:

- Is this long cable needed for a E87? and if so, thats probably a separate order (found a EXT1BM4 cable)?

- And where do you guys put the Gateway, in the glovebox or hidden somewhere in the console?

- Is if just a connector click-clack job or do I need to hunt for perm-5V wires and such?

If anyone knows answers, much obliged!

Peterst

Post by Peterst » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:01 pm

Nobody knows whether the long cable is needed for a E87?

It's a 45eur extra, so i'd rather skip it if its not needed...

Nyxeris
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Nyxeris » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:43 pm

Peterst wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:01 pm
Nobody knows whether the long cable is needed for a E87?

It's a 45eur extra, so i'd rather skip it if its not needed...
The last reply (before you) in this topic was nearly a decade ago bud. I doubt the original users are still around.

It looks like that device requires very specific options to be installed on the car for it to even be compatible, let alone for an extension to be necessary. Further down someone has posted that a Denison dealer was able to help them. Might be worth contacting a dealer about this?
E81 130i | Build Thread

Peterst

Post by Peterst » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Just did the install, lots of work to get the old carkit out (was everywhere, lots of inbetween adapter stuff).

Just for reference:
- Is this long cable needed for a E87?
NO, it's basically a 'move connectors' job in the dashboard, the only connection between car and the device is through the fiber optics and that is surprisingly easy.

- And where do you guys put the Gateway, in the glovebox or hidden somewhere in the console?
Behind the radio (if you can call it that), lots of room. The external connector thingie is in the glovebox, not yet fixed.routing is fairly easy, comes out a hole in the roof of the glovebox.

- Is if just a connector click-clack job or do I need to hunt for perm-5V wires and such?
YES, perm-12v is needed, but can be spliced from pin 15 of the big radio connector, see https://pinoutguide.com/Car-Stereo-Audi ... nout.shtml

So it was a big job but a good result, now have an integrated carkit (car 'knows' the call) and can listen to music from phone and more importantly, from usb-sticks. Hard to get a 32Gb stick filled :-)

Return to “In Car Entertainment, Communication & Sat Nav”