E81 123d AUX Connection Issues

Check here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc.

Moderators: Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, babybmwadmin, Producethis

AJ123d

E81 123d AUX Connection Issues

Post by AJ123d » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:17 am

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an e81 2008 123d, so far i love it but it has a couple of really annoying issues which i am really struggling to fix.

So for some context this car has the S609A Navigation System Professional as well as the S6FLA USBAudio Interface and the S676A HIFI speaker system. The issue, is that the aux option cannot be selected. It is completely greyed out. On the ccc drive system i am able to select FM, AM, and CD options but the aux stays greyed out.

Under the centre console the aux/usb plug seems to have power as the USB will charge my phone and the 12v socket seems to power my USB bullet charger port. I just cannot understand why the aux function will not work. I have bought 2 ”Y” aux/usb cables for my iPhone and also tried a traditional aux cable with no luck.

Looking online on this forum and others there have been various responses to similar but not the same issues, from coding problems to the Mulf2 unit to the amplifier and the head unit itself.

The strange thing is, when trying to turn blue tooth on in the settings it will not tick the box to try and turn it on as hard as i try. Now i understand that would probably be to do with the Mulf unit and that the USB port is connected to this but the aux is connected to the head unit which leaves me at square one again. I thought it may be the Mulf but if that was the case why would the usb have power.

I am really hoping someone can help me as this is driving me up the wall🙈 i would appreciate any help or advice!

Thanks

AJ

A1SHx
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: E81 123d AUX Connection Issues

Post by A1SHx » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:40 pm

Hey!

I had something similar happen to me whilst driving my aux music suddenly cut out and all audio went but heard very faint static noises! Yet radio and CD was working fine and the lighter socket under the armrest was working fine too and bluetooth sound.

I replaced the aux bit under the arm rest bought a second hand one from ebay and it's back to working just as it was.

BMW Part No. 6930561
eBay item no: 383135124087

I don't know if it's the same issue but worth a try. I paid £5 for my part which was from a salvage vehicle so worth shopping around.
BMW 1 Series Coupe 123D M Sport | Follow my mod journey on insta E82_Aish

BMW 1 Series Hatch 120D - 137,000 miles - RIP :|

AJ123d

Post by AJ123d » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:13 pm

Hi thanks so much for your reply,

Was the issue that affected you the same in the way that the aux was greyed out on the idrive and you could not select it?

I think for a fiver I may give it a punt to see if it works or to rule it out in the worst case.

A1SHx
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by A1SHx » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:33 pm

Ah no, it was allowing me to select aux but no sound.

It could be that it may need coding in again? Honestly not sure :\
BMW 1 Series Coupe 123D M Sport | Follow my mod journey on insta E82_Aish

BMW 1 Series Hatch 120D - 137,000 miles - RIP :|

AJ123d

Post by AJ123d » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:54 pm

Ok mate thanks, I have bought a dcan cable from eBay so hoping that I can check the coding and see if that's the issue. I just thought with it being a factory fitted option that the coding would revert to standard if any issues happened such as the battery going flat etc.

Hopefully be able to get a clearer picture when I am able to look at the coding.

Return to “In Car Entertainment, Communication & Sat Nav”