Nav USB update no progress screen? SOLVED

Check here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc.

Moderators: marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196, Producethis

babo456

Nav USB update no progress screen? SOLVED

Post by babo456 »

Hi folks,

Purchased 3rd party NAV update for 2020 for my 2014 NBT ProNav.

Have downloaded the files 24.6GB in total, formatted the drive to FAT32 - does 24.6GB seem right?

Put USB in arm rest, USB is recognised, message to the affect of 'New map update on USB, press OK to update'

So press OK to update, bit of a pause like the IDrive is stuck for a few seconds then the message disappears. No FSC code is asked for and no progress screen is present.

I have looked at the USB Nav guide which states that you can find the progress screen in NAV in you press OPTION but no luck?

Any suggestions? I've tried reformatting/downloading the updates again to no success.
Last edited by babo456 on Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M235i Estoril blue

RogerF
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Nav USB update no progress screen?

Post by RogerF »

I did the 2020-1 Europe West NBT upgrade last Friday, was 26.5Gb of data once extracted, 21Gb zipped.
Took 1.5 hours approx to install, j14 on the M1 to j24
'63 plate 125d M Sport

babo456

Post by babo456 »

Thanks for the reply.

Makes me wonder if I am missing some data if your download is a bit bigger.

Did you have a progress bar on the screen?

I have no indication that the USB is actually uploading the files - most of the guides I read state that once the USB is in, click OK to install the maps on the prompt screen and then you are told to enter the FSC code.

I don't get prompted to enter an FSC and have a sneaky suspicion that no progress is being made!
M235i Estoril blue

RogerF
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by RogerF »

Yes, I got the progress bar. I downloaded the file from BMW (I subscribed for a years updates), I didn't get prompted for a FSC code, I just assume something knows that it is a legit copy that I'm installing.
'63 plate 125d M Sport

babo456

Re: Nav USB update no progress screen? SOLVED

Post by babo456 »

Solved.

Just incase someone has a similar problem in future.

I downloaded my maps from a 3rd party seller. I needed to download 5 folders worth of data but in total it was around 13 zips. The folders contain subfolders with data in them, I checked through these files comparing them to the host site files and I had a subfolder within a folder missing a certain part of data. Downloaded said data, put it in the right subfolder/order and the nav is now updating.
M235i Estoril blue

SteveC

Re: Nav USB update no progress screen? SOLVED

Post by SteveC »

I had to go driving around for the update to install. I bought one for £29.99 with an FSC code. Whenever I stopped, or just sitting on the drive way it paused the update, but driving from Southend to London it updated after about 40 minutes.

Return to “In Car Entertainment, Communication & Sat Nav”