android auto

Check here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc.

Moderators: marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196, Producethis

Ian
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

android auto

Post by Ian »

Hi all, can android auto be coded into the m140i pro nave id6 screen please.

Im trying to find a way to get google maps and a few other apps to work with the standard system, or would a android screen be the best rout?

thanks
ian
m140i, Melbourne Red, Cognac Leather, Adaptive Suspension, F/R Parking, Reverse Camera, Electric Memory Seats, Full Black Panel, Electric Sun Roof, Electric Anti-Dazzle Mirrors, Nav Pro,
omgwtfalix

Re: android auto

Post by omgwtfalix »

It can't be coded unfortunately. You can get an MMI box which is around £200 which ive give you all the features and still keep your pro nav in place or someone has mentioned about "AndroidAutoIdrive" app on github which will give you maps, spotify etc for free.

I wouldn't devalue your car by taking pro nav our for a cheap android screen.
Ian
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ian »

thank you for that, the MMI box looks like a good way to go.

have you used one before?, would google maps work like it does on my phone, with tomtom speed camera app overlayed on the top?

thanks
ian
m140i, Melbourne Red, Cognac Leather, Adaptive Suspension, F/R Parking, Reverse Camera, Electric Memory Seats, Full Black Panel, Electric Sun Roof, Electric Anti-Dazzle Mirrors, Nav Pro,
omgwtfalix

Post by omgwtfalix »

I've not used one sorry bud, but i'm sure it works exactly like your phone google maps. It briefly shows google maps in this video as an example:

Ian
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ian »

thank you

am torn between one of these mmi boxes or a android screen.

I have the larger screen now, the android side of things, can you do the same on both?

thanks
ian
omgwtfalix

Post by omgwtfalix »

I'd only put the android screen if you had the standard business nav. Otherwise you'll be paying to de-value the car, also the android screens wont last nowhere near as long as the genuine, will be a pain for any warranty claims etc.

Return to “In Car Entertainment, Communication & Sat Nav”