F20 Tweeter Upgrade

Check here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Post Reply
Jmaloney
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:23 am

F20 Tweeter Upgrade

Post by Jmaloney » Sun May 06, 2018 7:10 pm

Hi,

Just wondered if the following item is good value? or are better or cheaper options available?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-GENUINE- ... 1438.l2649

Thanks

John

OO7
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 11:24 pm

Re: F20 Tweeter Upgrade

Post by OO7 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:03 pm

This is what I used, they're as good as you'll get in terms of keeping under the £100 mark. HK ones cost double that I'm sure.

Jmaloney
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:23 am

Re: F20 Tweeter Upgrade

Post by Jmaloney » Tue May 08, 2018 6:19 am

OO7 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 5:03 pm
This is what I used, they're as good as you'll get in terms of keeping under the £100 mark. HK ones cost double that I'm sure.
Thanks for the reply, I will get some ordered later today 😀

jimBabyBMW
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 461
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: F20 Tweeter Upgrade

Post by jimBabyBMW » Tue May 08, 2018 6:47 am

They are identical to the HK. You can get the same HK badges to fit in place of the alpine ones.

You'll need the round HK tweeters (9226357)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2152703290

and the splitter cables

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2494452533

Jmaloney
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:23 am

Re: F20 Tweeter Upgrade

Post by Jmaloney » Tue May 08, 2018 8:20 am

jimBabyBMW wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:47 am
They are identical to the HK. You can get the same HK badges to fit in place of the alpine ones.

You'll need the round HK tweeters (9226357)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2152703290

and the splitter cables

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2494452533
Can other tweeters be used also? is 60 euro, for 2 used HK speakers a good price?

Thanks

John

jimBabyBMW
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 461
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: F20 Tweeter Upgrade

Post by jimBabyBMW » Tue May 08, 2018 11:33 am

Your best to buy the proper tweeter, they snap into the frame, it's a round hole designed for them. You can get others, but you'll need to make them fit, which is probably more time and money.

Yes, that's a good price. I paid 65. But that was after spending 50 on the wrong ones. Double check the parts diagram to make sure.

jimBabyBMW
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 461
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: F20 Tweeter Upgrade

Post by jimBabyBMW » Tue May 08, 2018 11:38 am

It's a great mod btw, made a massive difference to the sound, was totally plug and play and quite easy. Considering most disconnect the centre speaker anyway, you pretty much get the upgrade.

When taking the door card off, be careful of the door lock button.

Jmaloney
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:23 am

Re: F20 Tweeter Upgrade

Post by Jmaloney » Tue May 08, 2018 3:30 pm

jimBabyBMW wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:38 am
It's a great mod btw, made a massive difference to the sound, was totally plug and play and quite easy. Considering most disconnect the centre speaker anyway, you pretty much get the upgrade.

When taking the door card off, be careful of the door lock button.
I do like the sound of plug and play! then what other speaker upgrades that are plug and play would you suggest? I wouldn't mind having a discreet amp fitted somewhere as well.

Jmaloney
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:23 am

Re: F20 Tweeter Upgrade

Post by Jmaloney » Fri May 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Jmaloney wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 8:20 am
jimBabyBMW wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:47 am
They are identical to the HK. You can get the same HK badges to fit in place of the alpine ones.

You'll need the round HK tweeters (9226357)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2152703290

and the splitter cables

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2494452533
Can other tweeters be used also? is 60 euro, for 2 used HK speakers a good price?

Thanks

John
I have just bought the tweeters you recommended, and the cables. Bought the tweeters new from the company who I bought the tweeter covers from as well.

Any suggestions on front door speakers to look out for?

Post Reply

Return to “In Car Entertainment, Communication & Sat Nav”