Idiot's guide to installing an amp in F20?

Check here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

oxfordshirerob
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Idiot's guide to installing an amp in F20?

Post by oxfordshirerob » Tue May 08, 2018 7:13 pm

Hey all,

Has anyone seen an idiot's guide to installing an amp in an F20?

I am going to buy some Eton Speakers and Subs for my F20 (2014), but believe ideally they should be powered by an amp.

Happy to carry out the work myself, as don't mind getting my hands a bit dirty.....but at the same time would rather not wreck my car by 'clipping the wrong wire' so to speak!

Don't have a clue what amp to buy either, but I'll look into that conundrum once I know how to install it, or rather a rough idea!

Cheers for anyone who may be able to shed some light, or point me in the right direction.

Rob

Skinnysnowboy

Re: Idiot's guide to installing an amp in F20?

Post by Skinnysnowboy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Hiya

Audison do some beautiful sounding amps that are very small also. These can be mounted hidden or mounted and illuminated on one of the side panels (preferably right hand when looking into the boot).

These really are great quality, great sound and really drive the 1er all the way from top, middle and bottom ranges.

https://shop.carelectronicsnottingham.c ... ranty.html

This link is my local installer and I have some great pictures of an install with a sub on the left and Audison amp on the right but haven’t worked out how to clip in photos on here yet.

Additionally look at the MTX offering as you get a lot more for your hard earned and they sound great too. I prefer them over Eton.

Skinnysnowboy

Post by Skinnysnowboy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:44 pm

You might find this useful to... I did

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660927

oxfordshirerob
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by oxfordshirerob » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:21 am

Cheers for the posts folks, all very useful stuff!

After trawling around and gathering info from all over the place, I have started my install of Amp, new door speakers, adding tweeters and amping subs. I am taking pictures as I go with the hope to create an F20 specific guide for anyone else in the future that may find it useful. I am definitely a newbie at this, so am sure people will have 'opinions' on how I do it, but when I'm done I'll post my guide as may help others out and save them having to trawl ALL the sites like I have over the past few weeks.

Three kids, two cats and a dog mean I don't have much spare time, so will be a while before I finish the install and thus the guide, but I'll posgt back when done.

Return to “In Car Entertainment, Communication & Sat Nav”