Baby BMW Forum banner

E87 headunit to LCI Headunit

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bmwdriver86 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Currently running a 2006 pre-LCI 130i that has a professional head unit with a fibre connection to the CDC and the MULF1 in the boot.

The MULF1 has kicked the bucket and the CDC is not required so looking to do the upgrade to an LCI head unit which has the USB and BT built-in, looking across the web provides a better listening experience and will be newer.

Found a few on eBay which has the required connections but just want to run it past you good people before I commit. So a couple of questions:

1. As I have had Bluetooth which I assume means the MIC connection goes to the boot, does anyone know if this is one cable or has a connection ie. in the driver's footwell to connect to the head unit?

2. As the USB is built-in and will be looking to put the USB socket under the armrest, does anyone know the part number for the male to male connector cable from the HU to USB socket?

3. As the LCI head unit with DAB is pretty thin on the ground and the pre LCI e87 had the option for a DAB module and I have the fibre network in the car, can the DAB module be coded to an LCI Headunit and put in place of the CDC?

John

See less See more
#2 ·
My car came to me with a E90 pro headunit retro fitted which has built in BT, USB and DAB and it looks like a fairly easy install as all you need is the mic wiring and USB cable to socket under armrest, however my car originally only had basic Business HU so unlike yours has no modules in boot etc, coding might be an issue for you if you went a similar way, is it not easier just to replace the bust MULF ?

#3 ·
I did look to replace the MULF to a MULF2 to gain the USB but struggled to get a definitive answer if the coding could be completed without connecting directly to the fibre network.

I have read the output per channel is slightly higher on the LCI versions along with the top line of the pixels on my current pro head unit, I though why not go the full LCI route.

The LCI units I have looked at have the MOST connection to allow the fibre connections if needed at a later date ( DAB module etc)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.