Milkie's 130i

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: Producethis, marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196

SamM140
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Milkie's 130i

Post by SamM140 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:52 pm

That’s lovely, I really like the 130 but had no luck finding a good one when I was looking a while back. Just missed out on a really nice evening example and the chap rung me back to tell me his good they were! :lol: I ended up with an E90 330 instead; M Sport, auto, Le Mans blue with lemon Dakota leather. It was a brilliant car. It too had the split breather pipe. Fabulous engine, whilst I didn’t mind the auto, I couldn’t help think that it would have suited a manual better.

Nice bike too. I mountain bike too and am a bit concerned that my incoming M140 isn’t going to be great lugging bikes around. I’ve been spoilt having a vRS for four years which happily swallows bikes, riding gear etc with space to spare. I think my Transition will fit ok, but my Demo 8 might be a pain.

Milkie
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Milkie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:23 am

Cheers man,

If I had to give up the car or bike, the car would be gone! But luckily that is never going to happen :lol: I think you should be able to get a Demo 8 in a 140i easily, they are bigger inside, or at least seem it! I can get two long 29er's in mine. Get yourself a hatchbag, it has saved my interior, especially after a wet muddy ride at somewhere like FOD that has sticky mud.

Alignment
I went to FCM Alignment in Bristol for tracking. A Google for alignment and these boys come up as being very good. The guys are good, know their onions and took me through the alignment once they had it setup. It took about 1-1/2 Hr's and worth it.

Here's my Alignment Setup after fitting the M3 LCA's

I experienced a lot of rubbing when loading the suspension in turns after alignment. It turns out, as Marco pointed out in another thread, that I should remove the 12mm spacers as the M3 LCA's add 12mm to track width and also lowers the front by 5mm. I'll be doing this when its not torrential rain!

The handling of the car after the alignment is quite different. A lot less skittish, even driving at say 20-30mph, less input is required to stay straight. At faster speeds it feels more confidence inspiring. The front end always felt quite planted with the uprated ARB, now even more so. The rear end also feels a lot more planted, combined with reducing the rear tyres to 34psi, there doesn't seem to be any issues with the rear suspension (pogo/side movement).
'06 130i, LMB, Xenons, iDrive, CC

SamM140
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by SamM140 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:54 pm

Milkie wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:23 am
Cheers man,

If I had to give up the car or bike, the car would be gone! But luckily that is never going to happen :lol: I think you should be able to get a Demo 8 in a 140i easily, they are bigger inside, or at least seem it! I can get two long 29er's in mine. Get yourself a hatchbag, it has saved my interior, especially after a wet muddy ride at somewhere like FOD that has sticky mud.
Pretty sure that my Demo will only fit if I take the rear wheel out which is an absolute ball ache because the mech hanger forms part of the bolt through clamp. My Transition Scout only just fits in with the rear wheel in.

I’ve been spoilt after four years in my vRS where I just sling the bikes in!

I’ve already priced up a hatchbag and will get one ordered once the weather get manky(ier).

Return to “Members Cars”