125i Cab; my other half’s new daily

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196, Producethis, marco_polo

G90
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: 125i Cab; my other half’s new daily

Post by G90 »

👍 wheels are looking good. Yeah that's very true in regards to newer cars.
Random observation, do you also think the the convertible looks well proportioned? Feel it's similar with f23. If you look at an a4 convertible for example,It just seems it was designed as an afterthought.
Current: F20 M140i Sunset Orange(Manual)
Previous 1er's: F20 120d Estoril Blue 2--E87 120d Sapphire Black
SamM140

Post by SamM140 »

G90 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:51 pm 👍 wheels are looking good. Yeah that's very true in regards to newer cars.
Random observation, do you also think the the convertible looks well proportioned? Feel it's similar with f23. If you look at an a4 convertible for example,It just seems it was designed as an afterthought.
I do, it’s better proportioned than an E93 which I think look a bit ungainly. It follows the coupe roofline to an extent but I think fabric roofs look better on cabs. Saying that, it still looks better roof down.
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

Plus my other half’s 2009 E88 125i
G90

Post by G90 »

The E93 suffers a little like the A4. I can't help but think they look like they could be amphibious, particularly the A4 🤣
Dizeee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Dizeee »

Just so you know for future pics Sam - first rule of photographing a cabrio is all windows down - clean lines!

I see cabrios sometimes with front windows down and rear quarter windows up - lol - makes my teeth itch!
BW Custom ECU & ZF8 Tune - 430bhp - 630NM

"Understand the inertia of moving mass and adjust inputs accordingly, with hardware in mind. Anything is possible"
SamM140

Post by SamM140 »

Gave the car a quick wash and a quick coat of Sonax BSD. I’m itching to get it detailed properly and might get stuck into it next weekend depending on the weather. Popped out to get a bottle of wine for dinner so it was rude not to get the roof down and grab a few photos and just for you Dizee....

I also discovered the hard way that drop tops and birds are a bad combo.....

A bird shat on the car as I was driving, hit the wind deflector and splattered all over the interior of my clean car (and I’d cleaned the leather properly too......).
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

G90

Post by G90 »

Making me jealous and motivating me all the same time, my hose has only defrosted in the last couple of days since before Christmas, my car is a state.

:lol: Sorry but I've got to laugh, it's brutal but amusing. Birds only target clean cars and by the sounds of it, clean interiors too.
SamM140

Post by SamM140 »

G90 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:34 pm Making me jealous and motivating me all the same time, my hose has only defrosted in the last couple of days since before Christmas, my car is a state.

:lol: Sorry but I've got to laugh, it's brutal but amusing. Birds only target clean cars and by the sounds of it, clean interiors too.
Today was pretty pleasant. The sun even made a brief appearance.

It was pretty funny despite being bloody everywhere. Hopefully the culprit gets eaten by a fox tonight :lol:
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

G90

Post by G90 »

🤣 That culprit will be waiting for you now.
SamM140

Post by SamM140 »

G90 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:02 pm 🤣 That culprit will be waiting for you now.
I’ll have to dig my old air riffle out! That’ll teach the little f**ker :lol:
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

G90

Post by G90 »

🤣The joys of living over the border. I had to hand mine in, need a bloody license for one here now. Just means the kids get real guns now as they are easier to get a hold of. What a system.
Dizeee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Dizeee »

Perfection right there in those pics, correct lines and angles, just as I would do. You got me wanting to go out and photo mine again now!

Glad your enjoying it. Cabrio life is ok isn't it with these beemers, The bird situation has occurred to me in the past, that's rotten luck. Mate of mind had it on a motorbike over the visor, not so clever. My worry would b finding bird poo on the fabric roof after it has been left to soak in - do you know what product to use if that ever happened?

"Understand the inertia of moving mass and adjust inputs accordingly, with hardware in mind. Anything is possible"
SamM140

Post by SamM140 »

Dizeee wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:58 am Perfection right there in those pics, correct lines and angles, just as I would do. You got me wanting to go out and photo mine again now!

Glad your enjoying it. Cabrio life is ok isn't it with these beemers, The bird situation has occurred to me in the past, that's rotten luck. Mate of mind had it on a motorbike over the visor, not so clever. My worry would b finding bird poo on the fabric roof after it has been left to soak in - do you know what product to use if that ever happened?
Glad to be of service! :lol:

I do like cabriolet life. I thought I’d feel a bit silly with the roof down, especially when it’s not blazing sunshine etc but I honestly don’t give a flying f**k. Love it.

I’d use a mild All Purpose Cleaner solution with a soft detailing brush. I’m going to buy the AG soft top care kit and clean / treat the roof properly. At the moment they water just sits / soaks into it.
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

markhurley
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by markhurley »

SamM140 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:21 pm Gave the car a quick wash and a quick coat of Sonax BSD. I’m itching to get it detailed properly and might get stuck into it next weekend depending on the weather. Popped out to get a bottle of wine for dinner so it was rude not to get the roof down and grab a few photos and just for you Dizee....

I also discovered the hard way that drop tops and birds are a bad combo.....

A bird shat on the car as I was driving, hit the wind deflector and splattered all over the interior of my clean car (and I’d cleaned the leather properly too......).

Looks so good with the roof down !!
130i Birds B1 suspension,M3 front arms,M3 rear arms,Powerflex inserts ,BMWP strut brace,M135i front brake's,BMWP rear brake's, 28mm M3 front roll bar,20mm white line rear roll bar ,Quaife LSD,MPSCup2tyre's,Carbotech pads.
Dizeee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Dizeee »

Renovo is a great product, and Fabsil Gold is supposed to be the benchmark product.

SamM140

Post by SamM140 »

markhurley wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:48 pm
Looks so good with the roof down !!
Thanks. I think it does too.
Dizeee wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:58 pm Renovo is a great product, and Fabsil Gold is supposed to be the benchmark product.
Fabsil Gold does appears to be very good and cost effective too. I think it may be better applied when things warm up a tad roof needs to be dry before application and it takes a while to dry).
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

Return to “Members Cars”