My M140 Shadow Edition

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: Lambster, Rich196, Producethis, marco_polo, babybmwadmin

Tuska20000
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: My M140 Shadow Edition

Post by Tuska20000 »

SamM140 wrote:Cheers both.

Looking forward to getting out in it a bit more with hopefully a trip to Snowdonia not too far away.
Yeah I hear ya. I'm going out to the coast at some point. Can't wait Image

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

SamM140
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by SamM140 »

So, today I actually used my car properly for the first time in ages...

With life feeling a tad more normal and some restrictions lifting myself and two friends organised a driving trip to North Wales. Quite a lot of super unleaded was used and lots of fun was had.

We met in Oswestry which meant a properly early morning start. Left the house before the sun was properly up.

Quick pit stop at Telford for a Maccy D’s breakfast and to fill up. Sunrise on the M54.

We met up just after seven in Oswestry; Matt’s Golf need topping up with oil before we headed to Wales.

First decent roads were in and around Dolgellau which were lots of fun with the limited traffic. From here we headed over to Llangynog. We passed a large group of guys in Lotus’s heading the other direction. These roads were even better, although there were some pretty savage pot holes to dodge.

Quick stop at the top for pictures.

We then headed to Bala and stopped for pictures etc.

Next up was two thirds of the Evo triangle. Great roads but ruined up average speed cameras, although I can see why they were installed. We stopped at Corwen and Denbigh for photos and arsing around. There might have been some silliness on a gravel car park. Maybe.

We picked up a LBB M2 who followed us to Snowdon. Seeing that in my rear view bumper certainly hasn’t quelled my want for one; it looked bloody imposing and the speed which he was able to carry through the corners was very impressive. The driver seemed quite happy with a bit of mild tail out action too.

Lost track a bit of where we went after Snowdon. The cafe we hoped would be open for a drink was closed so we headed off to find fuel and something to eat (we kept it classy and stopped at Greggs :lol: ).

The decision was made to head over to Barmouth for a final stop and brief chill before heading home.

The drive home was pretty hard going, especially Welshpool to Shrewsbury with numerous rolling road blocks refusing to bother the speed limit let alone leave gaps etc.

Overall was a fun trip out and it was nice to use my car properly. It behaved pretty well, with the B8’s on the rear offering a noticeable improvement over the stock dampers.
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

Plus my other half’s 2009 E88 125i
Dizeee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Dizeee »

Looks like a great day out there Sam, fair play and great pics write up. I love the fact you keep your roof bars on too!

I saw an M2 in black this week, driving at 12 tenths through the bends near me, at least twice the limit, and as he came past me on my pushbike on a right hander the back end was bouncing and twitching all over the road. He was hammering it though, but far too much. Had I have been 10 metres further ahead when we met he would have been bouncing across the road towards me - doing around 80 in a 40.

Still, looks like you had great weather for your jaunt.
TeenWolf
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TeenWolf »

Nice trip out.
Shame I would have came :( my parents live near Oswestry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamM140

Post by SamM140 »

Dizeee wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:00 pm Looks like a great day out there Sam, fair play and great pics write up. I love the fact you keep your roof bars on too!

I saw an M2 in black this week, driving at 12 tenths through the bends near me, at least twice the limit, and as he came past me on my pushbike on a right hander the back end was bouncing and twitching all over the road. He was hammering it though, but far too much. Had I have been 10 metres further ahead when we met he would have been bouncing across the road towards me - doing around 80 in a 40.

Still, looks like you had great weather for your jaunt.
Thanks, the bars stay on there because I’m largely too lazy to take them off plus I rode Friday lunchtime and was out again yesterday. In a weird way it’s almost cool on a quick car.

I’m sure some of the M2 hanging onto my rear bumper was skill / higher acceptance of risk. It just looked great in my mirror. A late non-Comp car went passed me whilst walking the dog this morning and it sounded ace at 30mph. Definitely sold! :lol:
TeenWolf wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:28 pm Nice trip out.
Shame I would have came :( my parents live near Oswestry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are some cracking roads out that way. We tried to keep it as low key as possible (unlike the train of 15 plus Lotus’s :lol: ). Hopefully there’ll be plenty of opportunities for some form mini-drives this summer.
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

Tuska20000
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tuska20000 »

Nice write up Sam. Sounds well fun. That scenery looks ace too. Looking forward to taking mine out for blast.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Dizeee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Dizeee »

Yes, above all else it has to be the sound of the M2 that I really want, the additional handling and visual benefits not so fussed by.
Tiberius
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tiberius »

Whats wind noise like with the bars on the roof but without roof box.
Cars:
-19' M140i SE, AW, MP LSD, Birds B1 Suspension(Adaptive delete), Heated Seats, Power Folding Mirrors, F&R PDC, Rev.Camera

-19' X3 20i M-Sport, Adaptive Suspenion, Pro Nav, Icon Headlights, Parking Assist Plus, Power Folding Mirrors
SamM140

Post by SamM140 »

Tiberius wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:50 am Whats wind noise like with the bars on the roof but without roof box.
Don’t really notice it below 80. Once at over that, there is a bit of noise but it’s not overly intrusive.
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

SamM140

Post by SamM140 »

My car is in with BMW today for them to look at the rattle on cold start; as expected the exhaust valve is dead. In the health check you can see how floppy it is.

They’re replacing the backbox which seems a bit extreme given people manage to fix it themselves but it’s under warranty so I’m not too fussed.

Looks like I need a pair of front tyres too, so I may mix tyres for a short time until the rears are dead too. I don’t really want to be paying our for four new ones this month because VED is due and my insurance is due next month too. I believe the MPSS has been discontinued as well, so I don’t want to pop a pair on now and find out that I can’t get more when the rears need doing. Currently torn between PS4’s and Good Year Asymmetric 5’s.

I’ve been given an F40 118i as a courtesy car. The interior is a pretty nice place to be and feels really good quality but the basic seats are sh*t, they’re so uncomfortable, I can’t believe they were ever signed off. The safety features which turn on every time you start the car are annoying especially the lane assistance...that needs to be in the bin. People gave the F20 a hard time re the steering but this is worse I reckon.
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

SamM140

Post by SamM140 »

New backbox fitted under warranty.

It was nice getting back into my car after a few days with the F40. Don’t get me wrong, the F40 1 series interior is much better quality than that of the F20, I just prefer my seats and seating position.
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

Dynamodux
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Dynamodux »

Did you go up horseshoe pass while u were in the area? Head to penderosa cafe at the top ☺️
SamM140

Post by SamM140 »

Dynamodux wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:11 am Did you go up horseshoe pass while u were in the area? Head to penderosa cafe at the top ☺️
Don’t think we did. I’d definitely head back though.
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

Return to “Members Cars”