Lexo's F20 118D Sport

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196, Producethis

Lexo

Lexo's F20 118D Sport

Post by Lexo »

Hey everyone.
Just picked up a 2012 F20 118D (my 1st bmw) with full history and 51k on it. Lucky enough to get it with the leather and lighting packs as well as cruise control and 18" lightweight alloys.

Pretty much like new inside and out but a few little mods planned. Rear discs need doing down the line but front's are new with new pads all round. Long term will be swapping all for drilled with EBC pads though.
Meantime need to sort out 6k bulbs for everything to make it look a bit more modern and a high gloss black rear roof spoiler. Nothing too garish, just a little one - all already insurance approve :)

Also looking to upgrade the idrive to the newer system with satnav but already found that's a bit of a hens teeth situation :cry:

Anyway just a little post to say Hi and I'll no doubt be picking your brains shortly as completely new to Bmw's although do have a reasonable general car knowlege.
Lexo

Re: Lexo's F20 118D Sport

Post by Lexo »

Ideally looking for something like this in high gloss black, although this one as it is would do the job.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/style-carbon-s ... B07DLXM5J1

Any comments appreciated if there are one within the UK that are recommended.
Last edited by Lexo on Sun May 30, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lexo

Post by Lexo »

It begins....
Lexo

Post by Lexo »

All parts from https://www.carbonaccents.co.uk/

Excellent customer service when I accidentally put my home post code in with my work address for shipping, all sorted without a fuss and very fast.
Parts fit like a glove although I tossed the no-name tape they came with and got some proper 3M VHB stuff.

So next on the list, in no particular order:

1: Fit bloss black kidney grills - bought
2: Fit progressive LED wingmirror indicators (smoked black) - bought
3: LED/4k+ lights all round for the front, no nasty yellow - bought.
4: Wheel refurb, likely gloss black but considering a dark Anthracite to offset the carbon fibre.

5: Considering a remap to 170-180 but no further as don't want to be blowing clutches or anything else. Then again I'm quite happy as it is for now.

Did a full sound system with 3600w of amps and twin subs in my last car but trying to hold off on this one, may yet happen but it's just a weekend car atm.
Lexo

Post by Lexo »

Managed to get the car in the air today for an inspection. Nice and un-molested, nearly rust free.
Only thing it needs is couple of front bushes in the future which are a little worn due to age but not cracked. So budget I had for potential issues is going on new rubber instead :)

G90
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by G90 »

Welcome to it...
Looking good bud, nice condition too.
Random one, you in Scotland?🤣
Lexo

Post by Lexo »

Yup, Edinburgh