Ahas's 130i

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: babybmwadmin, Producethis, marco_polo, Lambster, Rich196

ahas

Ahas's 130i

Post by ahas »

Hello folks,

Firstly a quick thanks to all who posted and pointed me in the direction of some 130i's for sale whilst I was looking for one for myself on the Hunters thread.

I've just pick up this.

Stunning, drove it back from Manchester to Newcastle its amazing, the poise and power is incredible for a car of its age.

Comes with xenons, full leather (not heated), comfort access, and is pre-lci so hydraulic steering. FSH. Power fold wing mirrors etc

It's not perfect needs the following;

A new diff - there's a diff whine at all speeds above 20mph. Thinking going for an LSD, any suggestions / recommendations welcomed.
Another option is stick a diff from an Auto on. Will depend on my head over heart when it comes to £££s

Bit of a leak from the exhaust. Would LOVE to put a BMWP exhaust on but hard to find!

Needs a service so thinking rocker cover and OFH gasket at the same time.

Bonnet latch cable

Drivers wing mirror doesn't fold, so needs replacing.

Cosmetics such as door sill covers

Once the above are sorted I'll start doing nonessential, spoiler, suspension, retro fit cruise etc.

So Diff is the first job, the plan was to ideally get the 130 home, stick it on axle stands remove the exhaust and diff, replace as necessary and clean and protect underbody, all whilst using my current 330ci to get me back to work and back.
However, as things never go to plan someone put a deposit on my 330ci! So that will be going sooner than I expected / wanted...

I'll get some more pics up when I get a chance and any suggestions are greatfully received.

Ahas, ImageImage

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited by ahas on Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
SamM140
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Ahas's 130i

Post by SamM140 »

Looks good. Le Mans blue really suits these.
2007 130i Limited Edition

2009 E88 125i
2019 M140i (gone)
holland130i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by holland130i »

congrats on your new car! looks great !

sure you will find most,if not all answers here.... for the exhaust,look into the e82 135i backbox option!!

Mark.
ahas

Post by ahas »

Thanks @sam140 and @holland130i

Appreciated, this forum is amazing! So much knowledge and info, I don't know where to start :lol:

Looks like the chap who wanted to buy the e46 has changed his mind, honestly some absolute f**kers about, complete waste of time. I'm lucky I pulled it from the MOT he wanted me to put it through. But on the plus side gives me time to start removing the diff from mine.
MED
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by MED »

Sweet ride, congrats.
Reminds me of my previous LMB 130i before this one. It's a nice blue when buffed up.
I would put all my efforts into finding an aero spoiler, it really finishes the roof/rear. Breakers yards, ebay or some after market ones.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

130i LE. No.35
BMWP exhaust / BMWP intake / BMWP short shift / BMWP alcantara / MPS4 / Aero spoiler / Tinted
340i M Sport Touring MPPSK
Adaptive LED / Pro Nav / MPPSK Carbon / MP grills / MP diffuser / Heated / Tinted
ahas

Post by ahas »

Thanks Med, agree colour comes up lovely after a polish. I fancied a white or silver but the LMB looks amazing in the flesh.

Agree spoiler is on the top of the list, just hard to come by.

Does anyone know how the aftermarket ones compare?
Anyone fitted and have any thoughts?

ahas,

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Return to “Members Cars”