My new hobby.....an E82 LMB 125i, now with 90% less crunchy bits

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

B NEGATIVE
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: My new hobby.....an E82 LMB 125i, now with 90% less crunchy bits

Post by B NEGATIVE » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:34 am

A quick update. Now everything has bedded in I can honestly say the braking power is significantly better than the OEM braking setup with a very nice linear feel.
Probably the best £400 quid I have thrown at the car yet.

I am currently machining a spacer that has the voids around the bolts integrated into it as it makes me uneasy knowing that its just a single bolt holding the discs in place.

Unless anyone can think of a wheel bearing/hub that fits with the larger bolts? Is the FXX wheel bearing/hub compatible?
'08 E82 125i,stock-ish and driven with intent....

Twenny
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Twenny » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:11 pm

B NEGATIVE wrote:I am currently machining a spacer that has the voids around the bolts integrated into it as it makes me uneasy knowing that its just a single bolt holding the discs in place.
What are you talking about you egg.

You mean apart from the 5 bolts that pass through the disc hub and hold the wheel to the hub?

2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+Strut+intake+skirts+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-M135i front brakes-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

B NEGATIVE
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by B NEGATIVE » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:19 pm

Twenny wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:11 pm
B NEGATIVE wrote:I am currently machining a spacer that has the voids around the bolts integrated into it as it makes me uneasy knowing that its just a single bolt holding the discs in place.
What are you talking about you egg.

You mean apart from the 5 bolts that pass through the disc hub and hold the wheel to the hub?
Yes. The spacer slips on and the backside has islands that fit into the void left by the smaller bolts.
'08 E82 125i,stock-ish and driven with intent....

reidtastic

Post by reidtastic » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Hi pal,

What’s the clearance between the 261s and calipers? Also was it a 5mm spacer that you have fitted? Did you notice how much of the hub centric mounting spigot you had available for the wheels with the 5 mm spacers.

Just trying to figure out what to do with mine, I’m going to be tracking it so I would like a fair bit of contact on the spigots. I think going out as far as 10mm hub centric spacers on the fronts will induce rubbage on the arches.

Return to “Members Cars”