Dino's Sapphire Black M2

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

dino355
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Dino's Sapphire Black M2

Post by dino355 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:53 pm

So it's been 7 weeks with the car now and over 4,000 miles!!!

I love driving this car but I can't put too many miles on it and besides the fuel tank is so small visiting Shell every other day is getting quite tedious!

So now the new car feeling has worn off it's time to be practical....so I've added this to the stable, a new work horse to pile on the work miles / Dad's taxi / family wagon:

'05 330d Sport Touring Auto
Sat Nav / TV / CD
Xenons
Heated Seats
Harmon Kardon
Power folding mirrors
Detachable tow bar
Exclusive Nappa Leather seats
Harmon Kardon

I've always wanted a Touring and it's good to be back in a '46 again :thumbsup:

Must.....resist......modding the M2......:D
M2 LCI

johnwhalley
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by johnwhalley » Mon May 14, 2018 9:13 am

Dino - Good to see your M2 being used to its full potential around the Ring.

A bit disappointing that the original brakes did not seem to be up to it, or perhaps you felt as if they would not be good enough for the track. After similar experiences with other cars, I expected my Cayman to need modified brakes for track use, but found that help from Ian at Carbotech was not necessary.

Might you be tempted to squeeze output to over 400ps?

dino355
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by dino355 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:01 am

johnwhalley wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:13 am
Dino - Good to see your M2 being used to its full potential around the Ring.

A bit disappointing that the original brakes did not seem to be up to it, or perhaps you felt as if they would not be good enough for the track. After similar experiences with other cars, I expected my Cayman to need modified brakes for track use, but found that help from Ian at Carbotech was not necessary.

Might you be tempted to squeeze output to over 400ps?
So far the stock calipers / discs seem 'ok' they stop well enough but only with the addition of the Pagid RS29s, fluid and metal lines. These small upgrades are a must in any performance car IMO as a bare minimum and it's what I always do first to any car I buy for use on track.

As for more power.... yes it does need it IMO. The M2 is great in the low and mid range but I do find it a little lacking at the top end but that may well be because I got used to and spoilt by my 135i which in the end was quite a monster. I'm just worried about warranty issues so a remap is off the cards for the time being but I am tempted by downpipe/cat and an intercooler as I hear this can yield 400bhp plus alone. Having been down the heavily modified route with my 135i I am of the opinion that big power is not the way to go and changes a cars character beyond what can be useable on the road . This is something I do not want to do to the M2, so I will think carefully before I go down that path.
M2 LCI

BMWBrad
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by BMWBrad » Mon May 14, 2018 2:19 pm

That e46 looks like a nice example
Pampered E81 130i
(Alpinweiss, Black Boston, Cruise, Adaptive Xenons, Pro HU w/BT, USB & DAB, F&R PDC)
BMWPE- BMWP SSK- BMWP Handbrake- BMWPV1 Steering Wheel- Alcantara Binnacle- L7 Mids & Tweeters

Return to “Members Cars”