cameronjones67
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: N55 cobra sports cat.

Post by cameronjones67 »

Dudge77 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:39 pm
cameronjones67 wrote:
Dudge77 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:26 am
Thanks mate. I was planning on going MHD stage 2, then when the time came (funds) to buy the intercooler, go to stage 2+

So your saying the cobra sports cat is not upto the job for this then?

Only reason I went sports cat is I’m hoping it will be a bit more mot friendly and not have as much noise as a decat, plus the fuel smell of the decat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will try and get a link for the post from Nige at BCS. His sports cat flows the same as a decat and only marginally less than his decat but is road legal and will pass emissions. Yes the cobra is a 200Cell which sounds enticing. However, explained well by Nige they flow virtually the same amount of gas as the stock downpipe due to the size, thus making it virtually useless in terms of flowing more gases. It will be more resistant to heat etc but won’t necessairly help with freeing up the turbo. I run a Wagner 300Cell which is fantastic and only smells a little more than standard and nothing like a decat! The Wagner basically looks identical to stock but uses a 300Cell monolith, thus flowing much better.
Thanks for the info mate. Might look into the others now you’ve informed me of that.

I went cobra as the place I bought it from had a good deal on it so thought why not.

Cheers again Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course it’s all down to personal preference! Just thought I’d offer a bit of advice as I looked for months before deciding what would be best!

Check out this thread as Nige gives a bit of input. Can’t find the original post regarding the cobra.

https://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic ... ge#p916006
F20 Estoril Blue M135i - Red Leather
Wagner 300CPSI DP - JB4 EWG + FF - Ramair Proram Panel - MPE Carbon tips - Carbon mirror Covers - KSB Front + Side Splitters - Res Delete - NGK 97506 + Coils - Osram NBL - GY Asys 5 - Pioneer Speakers
ironben88

Re: N55 cobra sports cat.

Post by ironben88 »

Thanks for this, I've been looking for a sports cat as well and had my eye on a BCS 200 cell

Return to “Aftermarket modifications”