All other aftermarket mods

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

GBC80
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Rear lights tint or wrap?

Post by GBC80 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:10 pm

Hi guys.
Im thinking about getting the rear lights on my black M135i darkened a little bit...just a bit of dark shade, enough not to fail MOT and get a bit less contrast of bright red and black?!

Spoke to a guy who said he can wrap them in a film with dots (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about!?)...40quid...is that a good idea or is there a better option? Does it look nice or a bit ...chav? Anyone has photos to show please?
Thanks in advance.

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Rear lights tint or wrap?

Post by marco_polo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:13 pm

I'd go for the pukka BMW Darklines myself, anything else might look a bit 'McDonalds Corsa' if you're not careful!

You'll be able to sell them easily when you next change cars, so not too expensive in the long term.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Poormans
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Poormans » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:29 pm

Check Holland130i's thread, I think anyone would be hard pressed to tell the difference with real units. Surely looks that way from the photo's.
shooting brake

supercati
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by supercati » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:16 am

Poormans wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:29 pm
Check Holland130i's thread, I think anyone would be hard pressed to tell the difference with real units. Surely looks that way from the photo's.
+1

http://babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t ... 0#p1371936
130i E81 2007 LHD - Sparkling Graphite Metallic / Boston Terra - CDV Delete - 135i ESD with resonator delete - LED Blacklines - RIP :(
130i E81 2008 LHD - LSE / Boston Terra - Complete HiFi Retrofit - CDV Delete - LED Blacklines - BMWP SSK -

GBC80
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by GBC80 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:21 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:13 pm
I'd go for the pukka BMW Darklines myself, anything else might look a bit 'McDonalds Corsa' if you're not careful!

You'll be able to sell them easily when you next change cars, so not too expensive in the long term.
well...too late...lol...the car was in to get the front bumper trims wrapped in black gloss and i did a bit of testing with the perforated wrap on the lights and reflectors to see how it looked...and went for it! It tones it down a bit and that way the red doesn't contrast too much with the black...more subtle and I'm quite pleased with it... Also de-badge and OEM black kidneys put on...really enjoying the car. Thanks for the advice.

Return to “Aftermarket modifications”