Maxton design splitters on standard m sport kit

All other aftermarket mods

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

steve o

Maxton design splitters on standard m sport kit

Post by steve o » Wed May 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi guys.

I have a standard 120d m sport and am looking to put the full maxton lip kit on. Including front, side and all rear lips plus spoiler.

My car is a 5 door pre facelift lci.

Maxton tell me the post facelift lci side skirts are what I need for a standard m sport 5 door as the pre lci sides are for 3 door only. I wondered if anyone on here can confirm?

My other questions are around the fitment of all the other bits on my standard m sport. The images on the maxton site show the parts fitted to a car with the m performance bumpers. So for example my bumper has the fog lights on the front grills but the m performance front bumpers have little blades I the grill instead. What I don't know is if the actual bumper shape is any different and if all the other spoilers will fit my standard m sport ok?

Can anyone confirm? Maxton couldn't comment if they would fit anything other than the m performance style bumpers and they said I needed post lci sides for my pre lci 5 door.

Any input much appreciated.

Thanks.

GeoffCollins
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Maxton design splitters on standard m sport kit

Post by GeoffCollins » Wed May 09, 2018 4:27 pm

steve o wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:10 pm
Hi guys.

I have a standard 120d m sport and am looking to put the full maxton lip kit on. Including front, side and all rear lips plus spoiler.

My car is a 5 door pre facelift lci.

Maxton tell me the post facelift lci side skirts are what I need for a standard m sport 5 door as the pre lci sides are for 3 door only. I wondered if anyone on here can confirm?

My other questions are around the fitment of all the other bits on my standard m sport. The images on the maxton site show the parts fitted to a car with the m performance bumpers. So for example my bumper has the fog lights on the front grills but the m performance front bumpers have little blades I the grill instead. What I don't know is if the actual bumper shape is any different and if all the other spoilers will fit my standard m sport ok?

Can anyone confirm? Maxton couldn't comment if they would fit anything other than the m performance style bumpers and they said I needed post lci sides for my pre lci 5 door.

Any input much appreciated.

Thanks.
The M-Sport bumpers are the same as those on the M135i (pre lci) the only difference was the M135i doesn't have fogs due to the adaptive xenon lights, all other parts are the same (and the rear bumper insert has two holes for the exhaust)

Also can't see why you would need the post lci side skirts, unless the rear door catches on the lip (which i highly doubt) although I can't guarantee this
M135i (2014 Manual) - Custom Stainless Exhaust, JB4, BMS Intake, M4 LCA, M4 Front Pads, MeisterR Coilovers, Cades Bern Wheels, Reiger Diffuser, Maxton Splitter, Double Slat Grills, M4 Mirror Caps

steve o

Re: Maxton design splitters on standard m sport kit

Post by steve o » Wed May 09, 2018 4:45 pm

That's a huge help thanks.

So are the 3 and 5 door side skirts the same shape? Do you think I should get the pre lci sides for my 5 door?

Return to “Aftermarket modifications”