Baby BMW Forum banner

Eibach Pro-kit M-sport vs Non M-sport

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  adam90 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Looking to freshen up the original M-sport suspension on my 130i and pretty much settled on Bilstein B4s with Eibach pro-kit combo. However, I am unsure on wether or not to go for the Eibachs to directly replace my current M-sport springs or go with the Eibachs to replace suspension in vehicles with standard (comfort) springs.

From what I understand the Eibach pro-kit(M-sport replacements) will drop my ride height further than it already is and I'm am simply looking to improve the current ride quality/handling of the car but not really not looking to drop the car any lower than it already is.

If I fitted the Eibach pro-kit(Comfort replacements) would this sit higher than than my original ride height and would these springs be softer than the original M-sports I currently have fitted? Or would the drop of this Pro-kit get me close to my current ride height?

I have priced standard M-sport springs through Cotswolds and they were more than double the price of the Eibachs.

Really I just want to keep the same kind of ride height and still have the original handling of the m-sport springs with the ride improvement you would expect from new suspension components.

Many thanks,

Adam

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi,

You want to check The Tyrants thread as he has tried out every single system out there. In synopsis the E87 is using the bumpstops as secondary progressive and rests on them. You can either user the BMW Performance suspension bumpstops or the SE bumpstops (i went this way) coupled with either Eibach or M Sport springs. I haave a 120d Sport pre LCI and went with Koni FSDs (now called Koni Active) Eibach Pro and SE bumpstops. My car is comfortable and sporty, a GT ride was more my aim than an out and out sports car. I would personally go Eibach Pros, Bilstein B4s and the SE Bumpstops. H&R also do springs but Ihaven't used those so can't say...

Thanks
Haider

#3 ·
Why do you need to change the springs at all? I have b4s and my standard springs and difference to the 80'000 mile shocks i had before is night and day. B4s are dampened much better and absorb 99% of road imperfects whilst also being firm enough on spirited drives. If you are just refreshing standard, get b4s and leave the springs, spend the dosh on a few bushes.

#4 ·
Sorry guys! Had a long weekend out in the sticks, no signal

I think I got mixed up with the springs thinking they were sport or comfort, like the shock absorbers are.
I've found a few more helpful post since I've been back and I'm just going to go with the B4s with the Eibach pros.

The reason for replacing the springs is preventative maintenance more than anything, why not replace the coil springs while you have all the suspension stripped down. Also at 117k miles, there is no doubt the coil springs will not be performing the same as they would out the box.

I have also read about a few posters that have replaced their springs with the Eibachs have reported not much of a difference in ride height.

HaiderGill, thanks for the input about the bumpstops, I was planning to replace them like for like but it looks like it may be a good idea to go for the SE or BMW Performance bumpstops.

Thanks for all the responses! :thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.