Baby BMW Forum banner

Spacers or f80 m3 control arms.

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  M140irocket 
#1 ·
Hello I'm new on here, I've just sold my 335d to get an M140I. I've read up that some of you have put on the f80 m3 control arms for a wider front track but would wider front spacers not give the same benefits? I'm in the process of sourcing some mods ready to go on track, an advice would be great, many thanks.

#2 ·
The M4 arms give you more negative camber, improved steering feel and better bushes, as well as the wider track width.

Spacers increase your unsprung weight, occasionally induce concentricity vibrations, mess with your scrub radius, & generally play havoc with your insurance.

#3 ·
Thank you for your reply Marco Polo, so it's obviously beneficial to get the M4 lower arms, and would it be better to get them from Bmw themselves as these would be genuine 👍 or could you recommend a decent company. I've also looked into suspension and can't decide on kws v1,2,3 or the b12 kit, cheers for your advice.

#4 ·
Thank you for your reply Marco Polo, so it's obviously beneficial to get the M4 lower arms, and would it be better to get them from Bmw themselves as these would be genuine 👍 or could you recommend a decent company. I've also looked into suspension and can't decide on kws v1,2,3 or the b12 kit, cheers for your advice.

#5 ·
M140irocket said:
B12's are just shocks and spring, KW's are coilovers so depends what you want and whether you are going to adjust damping etc. I'd also look at Bilstein b14's which is what I've got and they are very good and sensible money.

#6 ·
I think you can only buy genuine arms from BMW currently. TRW may release them on Amazon in a few years though.

It's KW's if you need ride height adjustment, B12 are good if your don't. KW v1 are often the best choice out of the KW range, imo. Most people set the v2 damping to KW's recommendations, which is the same as v1 settings anyway!

#7 ·
M140irocket said:
M4 arms OEM supplier is Meyle AFAIK.

Cartech-one website show non branded F8X LCAs L&R @ circa £101 ea + TS L&R @ ~£89 ea ...

https://www.cartech-one.co.uk/en/search/v-100821/n-454/f-10517/bmw-4-control-arms-struts

#9 ·
Thanks for your help, it's the five door I have so I've been looking at the underbody brace as well, I have MPSS tyres on will never get runflats again 🤣 and then hopefully a remap in time, and maybe a few weight saving mods but I feel this would be expensive, I think I have saved just over 200 to 250 kg changing from my f30 335d xdrive to this M140i so I feel the difference already 👍 but thanks again for all your help,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.