Baby BMW Forum banner

Repaint calipers

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Byte 
#1 ·
Hello peeps, I'm looking at upgrading my 2010 E82 125i 330mm front brakes to the 340mm M135i 4 pot calipers. I've not got £££'s to spend so standard pads and discs etc.

Couple of questions?

I want them black (and without the //M sticker of course) so looking at buying the calipers above and doing the paint job myself. How easy and what do I need to make them a half decent job?

I've been recommended Mtec discs and M4 brake pads, anyone have a decent link to the right discs/pads?

Brake wear sensor? Same as E82 or need a different one?

Tempted to just buy a brake disc/pad/sensor kit like this so there's no balls up -
Thought I'd do some braded hoses at same time, these ok? -
Thanks guys for any advice/links you have.

See less See more
#3 ·
As above I repainted mine matt black and silver brembo stickers :)

FInish depends how much work you put into the prep really, I gave mine a light sandblast to remove previous owners yellow paint and key the surface for new paint, came out quite well considering it was a pretty quick job, they have got a bit marked but easy enough to touch up.

Discs and pads wise avoid drilled discs if going on track and pads then M4 are a good allrounder for road/mild track use.

Hoses just reuse yours if in good shape :)

#6 ·
Hi,

Not sure about the paint but the more prep you put in now the better the finished result will be.

Take your time and don't rush.

M4 pads are awesome I have the part numbers somewhere and I will put them up later

M4 pads front and back Castrol SRF brake fluid and if you can stretch to it goodridge brake lines. That will stop anything :spotman: :spotman:
All the best Stumps

#7 ·
Stumps said:
Hi,

Not sure about the paint but the more prep you put in now the better the finished result will be.

Take your time and don't rush.

M4 pads are awesome I have the part numbers somewhere and I will put them up later

M4 pads front and back Castrol SRF brake fluid and if you can stretch to it goodridge brake lines. That will stop anything :spotman: :spotman:
All the best Stumps
Hmmm that's going to add another £150 to my already tight budget.

So I've got Textar pads and discs and some £25 decent racing brake fluid (can't remember name). Won't be getting braded hoses (unless I break the ones I have). Happy enough with this set up (unless the pads are **** lol)

Repainted the calipers -

Just waiting for HT clear coat and they'll be ready to go on.

New discs painted -

Again, waiting for clear coat.

Painted rear hubs and calipers. Not my best work but they look miles better than they did -

Hopefully in next couple of weeks I'll have them fitted.

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.