Baby BMW Forum banner

MPE - Does it increase performance?

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  jan_tekin 
#1 ·
Hi guys, does the M performance exhaust increase the car's performance or is it purely cosmetic? Just need to know for my insurance.

#3 ·
Not as far as I know, just noise.

Performance gains by sports/de-cats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Picked it up a little while ago and am well chuffed! Sounds lovely :band:

The exhaust tips stick out a bit too much for my liking but the guy who installed it said he pushed the them back as far as he could, any more and the tips wouldn't have been straight.

Said to me a lot of customers want it in further.

I'll get some pics up later.

Aviva charged me nothing to add it to my policy so happy days!

#9 ·
AndyBish135i said:
Does PCW do a similar mod as on the E9* M3 for these?
If so, £200 plus travel costs is a bargain alternative to MPE...
I believe he does. Was thinking of going down that road but wanted the real deal. Plus my original exhaust valve started rattling quite a bit and the tips were in quite a state.

Paid £780 all in inc fitting with chrome tips. Even got a free 3 page visual inspection print out which was a bonus!

Thats my excuse anyway! Lol

#16 ·
Fitted mine today, I wasn't expecting much difference as I have a sports cat which made the standard exhaust sound half decent.
I'm not looking forward to my 5 am start :redface:
Going to have to ditch my JB4 and look into MHD and code out the cold starts :D

#17 ·
Ezzra said:
marco_polo said:
No performance, it's just cosmetic/aural.
<snip> In the same way that cleaning your car makes it quicker :wink:
Of course it does what's wrong with you...? Mine's always clean and has never seen a set of tail lights ;)

Seriously though, I'm convinced a freshly cleaned car makes it feel smoother at normal speeds but obviously won't make it actually 'go' faster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.