Baby BMW Forum banner

KSB Splitter Kit - eBay Special.

14K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  RBS Bob 
#1 ·
As mentioned in a previous thread I ordered the £189 KBS splitter kit.

The kit contains front splitter, side skirts and rear corner skirts for the back.

Ordered last Sunday evening and arrived, in a big old box, Wednesday morning.

Opened up to find all wrapped up in bubble wrap..................apart from the front splitter.

Looking closer it appeared that the splitter had been smashed and bashed about in transit. Not happy!

Was getting ready to send a ****ty message to KBS.

Unwrapped the bubble wrap on the side skirts.....................

.............again. They looked to have been scratched and pitted. Fuming!!

I then realised that they were covered in a protective plastic. Pulled off the plastic and shiny shiny.

Right. My materials for the job of the day were removable Scotch pads, permanent Scotch pads and self tapping screws. After reading other members methods for fitting splitters I decided not to use the nuts and bolts supplied.

Out to the garage to begin.

My trusty car ramps, which I have used probably on all my previous cars do not fit under a 135. May have to get some ramp extensions at sometime.

However, to get me out of this tight spot. 4 paving bricks and a concrete fence post came to the rescue.

This gave me just enough height to use my power drill vertically.

I completed this job on my own. However, it would be best with 3 people. 2 to take each end of the splitter and the 3rd to ensure it all lines up straight.

However, I was on me todd.

I used the removable Scotch pads to stick the splitter up, check how it lined up, realised it was well out, stick the splitter up, check how it lined up, realised it was well out, stick the splitter up, check how it lined up, realised it was well out, stick the splitter up, check how it lined up, realised it was well out.................you get where I am going with this!

Once I was happy...........ish..............I used the permanent pads. Closed my eyes and prayed.

I used there predrilled holes to go into initially, so in went the self tappers. Had a look, had more self rappers and added a few more srlf tappers (about 8 extra nicly spread out) just to make sure.

My garage is not wide enough to get around both sides of the car in one go. So the nearside skirt was fitted whilst facing on head first.

The sides are a lot easier than the splitter.

Once done the car was reversed out of the garage, turned around and then I attempted to reverse into the garage.

My garage has a slight slope leading towards it. I was aware of this and took the car backwards very very slowly. Then I heard the scrape. Fortunately, no damage.

So with the back ar5e hanging just inside the garage I managed to fit the rear skirts and nearside skirts.

I attended the Bluewater meet today and took a couple of pix.

Had positive comments about the splitters and a few were very very surprised at the cost of the kit.

All in all would I recommend?

Abso bloody lutly!

All i have to do now is remember to move my foot out a little further when exiting the car. Keep kicking the side skirt. :lol2: :lol2:

See less See more
#2 ·
This was my first time at attempting anything like this.

Yes the splitters can be set further in if required.

Not too fussed at the moment and no comments were made at the meet.

#5 ·
I thought your splitter and side skirts looked awesome Rob. Very similar to my Maxton splitter (without the silly logo I may add) and ever so slightly slimmer, which I actually prefer the look of. Sometimes I look at mine and wish it's profile was half the depth, much like some of the blade type splitters out there. Overall though, the amount of positive comments about it looking more aggressive with a front splitter on, really make you feel it was definitely worth it. Should be on the M-Lites as standard IMO.

Your kit was indeed a real bargain. By comparison, Maxton front and sides fitted at Motech would cost around £410. Adding the rears pushes up the price even more.

Nice improv with the bricks to get it in the air. I recently fitted M4 pads and with the splitter installed, I couldn't get it up on my ramps without having to jack it first.

Good meeting you at Bluewater last weekend, hopefully next time too!

#7 ·
Mbee said:
Nice improv with the bricks to get it in the air. I recently fitted M4 pads and with the splitter installed, I couldn't get it up on my ramps without having to jack it first.

Good meeting you at Bluewater last weekend, hopefully next time too!
Need to get myself a low profile jack.

Spacers next!

#9 ·
#12 ·
Motech fire tek screws through the Maxton splitter into the underside of the front bumper.

#16 ·
Wilko1 said:
Hi Bob

Interested in ordering one of these kits any negatives or things to look out for now its been installed for a while ??

Many thanks
No negatives. No issues.

Only, as I mentioned above. The more the merrier in lining it up when fitting.

#22 ·
Markdg89 said:
I picked up my kit on Saturday, going to fit today, what size self tappers did you use as the bolts and nuts supplied I don't fancy using.
As in the picture with the scotch pads.

5x20mm -10 3/4.

I didn't use any of the nuts and bolts that were supplied either.

Good Luck!

#23 ·
As in the picture with the scotch pads.

5x20mm -10 3/4.

I didn't use any of the nuts and bolts that were supplied either.

Good Luck!
[/quote]

Yes, apologies, didn't see the label on the screws on the picture. Thanks for the quick reply regardless. &#x1f44d-1f3fc;

#26 ·
So today was the day I wish I had someone helping me to fit this bloody body kit.

Really happy with the skirts and rear fins, the splitter on the other hand, nightmare.

Skirts look good and fit well. As do the rear fins.

Come to the splitter and to get it to fit with no visible gaps from the front, it doesn't sit flush with the arch as you can see from the picture below.

Front on - Side on -
I had a fight with this for an hour trying to compromise the best fit. There's no visible gaps from the front which I'm happy with, but the sides are too far forward for me. Really messing with my OCD.

To conclude, it will do for now, until it annoys me enough to take it off and re-do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.