Baby BMW Forum banner

Fastest E82 135 Nürburgring Nordschliefe times?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Zombie_Head 
#1 ·
What are people's fastest E82 135i Nürburgring Nordschliefe times?

#4 ·
A lot of the German boys run e82 1Ms and look like they go well just curious what a 135i would actually be capable of, I managed an 8 on tired (Scuse the pun) toyo r888rr having been held up a couple of times and slowed through a yellow... so sub 8s a definite I'm just curious how fast they can really go on a properly set up car?

#5 ·
Alex Hart was able to get 8 mins dead on his E8x 130i.

That run he has KW Clubsport 2 way coilovers, stock discs and calipers (unsure which pads), full stock interior, no LSD, no sway bars, no M3 arms or rear bushings and upgraded brake fluid (unsure which one and unsure if SS lines were used).

He was running OZ Ultraleggeras 18x8 ET 40s with 235's cup 2 tires and MAYBE a BMW Performance short shifter and 1/2 cage.

Later, he changed a lot such as pole position seats, upgraded/tweaked cam (claimed 20hp more), and added sway bars (again unsure which brand), he also spent €4K on new front and rear brakes (some aftermarket brand i can not recall) and added the 135i mid exhaust and some interior weight savings.

The car was setup by Raeder Motorsport (including alignment) back in the day, before they merged with Manthey Racing. and this way 5+ years ago before changes were made to the ring maker it safer and a bit faster.

Good setup and a good driver = no need for some crazy power.

He never upgraded to M3 arms up front or M3 RSFB or a LSD, he moved on to the E36 M3, E46 M3 and finally the E92 M3. So theoretically, he could had squeezed out a bit more if he kept the 130i.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.