Baby BMW Forum banner

BMW 2018 118i New Exhaust

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  GabrielS 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Mikeshaw91 said:
What Bmw performance exhaust have you seen? Have you got the B38 engine the 1.5L? As far as I'm aware there aren't any official exhaust upgrades.

I have an M140i exhaust that I'm going to be putting on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I have just looked on the BMW supplier website and you're right. There does not seem to be any M sport exhaust for my car. I have had a look at some other such as Remus and Miltek, however they seem way too quiet from the videos on youtube. Any suggestions?

#8 ·
I've been looking myself but there isn't anything really apart from a super sprint exhaust for our cars at the moment. It's still a relatively new engine and not one that they expect people to be modding really.

One option would be to get some of the resonators/ silencers deleted. I got quoted 120 quid to have the mid pipe silencers removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Hi guys.

Doing a small reboot on this one...
I'm looking at doing the same to my 2019 b38b15 118i.
Have found a M140i back box in good condition.

How did yours go about? Where there any complications along the way?
How did you manage the valve?

I would like mine to be quiet when the wife drives it and more sound when I'm alone in the car.

#11 ·
Maylann said:
Hi guys.

Doing a small reboot on this one...
I'm looking at doing the same to my 2019 b38b15 118i.
Have found a M140i back box in good condition.

How did yours go about? Where there any complications along the way?
How did you manage the valve?

I would like mine to be quiet when the wife drives it and more sound when I'm alone in the car.
Hi, have you installed the M140i exhaust? I'm trying to explore all options for upgrading the exhaust on a 2018 118i, and the most attractive option is buying a used m140i backbox and a new bumper. Did you/the shop have any issues with the installation?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.