Baby BMW Forum banner

EBC Brakes - 15% off & Free Shipping

33K views 34 replies 27 participants last post by  noodels 
#1 ·
Following on discussions from a lower down thread, babybmw has secured 15% discount from RRP and free Parcel Force 48 shipping.

Visit to see their range.

Some pads are currently in production and some have yet to go into production.
All in all, it will be approx 2 to 3 months before all of the part numbers have been through R90 testing and are ready to be sold.
By which time the web site will have been updated to include the "one series".

To avail of this offer, enter 97BMWONE28 into the promo code box when ordering.

The code is valid for all products on the web site.

#4 ·
I have contacted BMW warranty service about fitting EBCs and they replied almost instantaneously.

My Mail:

I am thinking on using EBC brake pads on my 54 Reg
120d Sport when the ones I have need replacement. I
understand BMW might not be able to source the EBC
pads so I would be supplying them myself at the time
of the service.

I have done this on previous cars (Mercedes) with no
adverse effect on the guarantee.

Could you confirm if that is OK so I can inform my
dealer when the time comes?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Miguel

BMW reply:

Dear Mr Cuadrado,

Thank you for your recent e-mail received February 02, 2006 in which
you
request clarification regarding the warranty on your BMW 1 Series.

If you were to fit non approved BMW parts to your vehicle then your
warranty
would not be invalidated. However, we would reserve the right to reject
any
warranty claim where the repair or parts fitted outside of the network
have
been a contributing factor to this claim.

I hope this information is of assistance, if you have any further
queries
please do not hesitate to contact a member of the warranty team on the
number below.

Yours sincerely,

Tom Grant
Warranty Services Advisor

BMW Group
BMW Financial Services

Tel: 0870 5050 195
Fax: 0870 5050 207
Email: warranty@bmwfin.com

I think this clarify any possible questions about warranty problems with your dealer when the time comes to get them to fit non BMW parts.
After spending 2 hours cleaning my wheels yesterday I am fitting EBC pads when the ones I have need replacing. Maybe also drilled discs also when they need replacing.

Hope it helps.

#5 ·
Has anyone fitted EBC pads to their 130i yet, and if so, could you please advise what the part numbers are front and rear?

There is some confusion here in the antipodes about what the correct part numbers are, if they are available at all yet.

I have talked to EBC Brakes Direct Limited, and while they believe they know what pads should be on the rear (DP31577C) , they are not really sure what should be on the front and are just suggesting DP31493C as that is the one that is normally matched with the DP31577C on other BMW models, which is a bit of a stab in the dark really.

Thanks,

#9 ·
I am awaiting fitment of upgraded EBC discs and red stuff fast road pads on my 120. It is still in warrant as an approved used but the way BMW go on, they make out that anything but BMW will cause problems...what a crock of crap. BMW quoted £380 to fit pads to all 4 wheels...I will have fitted 4 uprated grooved vented discs and uprated pads for the same amount....figure that one out!
I'll update with performance benefit later

#14 ·
boristhebold said:
I am awaiting fitment of upgraded EBC discs and red stuff fast road pads on my 120. It is still in warrant as an approved used but the way BMW go on, they make out that anything but BMW will cause problems...what a crock of crap. BMW quoted £380 to fit pads to all 4 wheels...I will have fitted 4 uprated grooved vented discs and uprated pads for the same amount....figure that one out!
I'll update with performance benefit later
Any update mate??

#16 ·
im ordering some red stuff pads on my 130 for the front brakes and while im there im thinking of fitting the ebc ultimax sport disc has anyone used these on any model the discs are 85 quid before discount per disc. the total with pads and next day delivery is 240.51 with vat and the 15% off

#17 ·
they now list the brake sensor(s) separtely for £13 +vat the cost of changing my rear pads and disks has gone from £68 to £81 in over month!

#19 ·
chuffed with this discount, took my girlfriends mini in and they say it needs new rear discs and pads for £222!! ebc + discount £86.30 chuffed! :D :spotman:

#24 ·
Just ordered a set of yellows for my 130i thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.