Baby BMW Forum banner

Pro head unit to double din

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Sonic1506 
#1 ·
Any good guys?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now I have aux and Usb in the car and also blutooth, not sure if this would be compatible but thought I'd ask

#2 ·
Stay away. That brand is cheap ****e. Stick to Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood, JVC. Also if your car is not an LCI, you then need an LCI lower dash as Double DIN doesn't fit in Pre-LCI lower dash.

You also need the fitting kit AND steering control interface if you have those too or have parking sensors/want to retain all of the bongs.

#3 ·
Sonic1506 said:
Stay away. That brand is cheap sh*te. Stick to Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood, JVC. Also if your car is not an LCI, you then need an LCI lower dash as Double DIN doesn't fit in Pre-LCI lower dash.

You also need the fitting kit AND steering control interface if you have those too or have parking sensors/want to retain all of the bongs.
Yea got steering controls, and rear park sensors.

Would like to keep all original but just change out the unit for a double din DVD player.

I think mines probably pre lci mate. It was built July 2008.

#4 ·
Beasted said:

Would like to keep all original but just change out the unit for a double din DVD player.

Wait you've got a Coupe/Conv right? Sorry I thought you had a Hatch. Ignore me about the lower dash stuff in the case but you still need the stalk control interface. Stick to main name brands though.

Are you going to Bluewater on the 29th for the meet? (I should be going), if so you can have a play around with my Pioneer AVH-X8500BT Double DIN in my E87.

#5 ·
Sonic1506 said:
Beasted said:

Wait you've got a Coupe/Conv right? Sorry I thought you had a Hatch. Ignore me about the lower dash stuff in the case but you still need the stalk control interface. Stick to main name brands though.

Are you going to Bluewater on the 29th for the meet? (I should be going), if so you can have a play around with my Pioneer AVH-X8500BT Double DIN in my E87.
Yea convert mate. Ok assume I just need the double fine and stalk control then? And the dash surround plastics, where do I go to get the stalk control things pal?

29th is just before the car goes in for the kit and respray so I might be able to make it hopefully anyway.

Cheers

#6 ·
Beasted said:
Yea convert mate. Ok assume I just need the double fine and stalk control then? And the dash surround plastics, where do I go to get the stalk control things pal?

29th is just before the car goes in for the kit and respray so I might be able to make it hopefully anyway.

Cheers
Do you have climate control? If so, then you need this:

Otherwise you need this:

Just confirm with them before you order but I bought the top one for my E87 and was a perfect fit. You need a cut out a bit of the inside of the dash out to make a Double DIN fit.

#7 ·
Sonic1506 said:
Beasted said:

Cheers
Do you have climate control? If so, then you need this:

Otherwise you need this:

Just confirm with them before you order but I bought the top one for my E87 and was a perfect fit. You need a cut out a bit of the inside of the dash out to make a Double DIN fit.
Mines like this one pal.

#8 ·
You need this one then bud:

The buttons for the seats/parking sensor/stop start and removed from the old unit and put into the new just like the heater controls are removed and relocated higher up. You can get Fascia's that keep them at the bottom of the stereo I think.

So it looks like this:

I got the image from a quick google search.

Mine has a better fit than that, where it meets the top dashboard strip and the sides of the lower dash. Mine is all flush with everything, rather than pushed in, in the image above. I can send you pictures of mine if you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.