Baby BMW Forum banner

Carbotech xp8

5K views 40 replies 11 participants last post by  Rustle 
#1 ·
By God. These things are effing awesome. Ok, so they are my first set of proper pads, but the power and shortening of the braking zone (halved I reckon), well, it gave me a bit of a fright the first time. I'm sure there are other choices, but for me these work well on track and road for the 1 series. My missus remarked that she has to apply less effort to stop; which, by the way, is a good thing as it transpires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
A little squeal marco but nothing too major and its not often.

#9 ·
Actually, scrap that last comment Marco. Just did a 3hr trip across London and they did squeal a bit. Never get warm on a run like that. They were fine after Bedford, seem to like getting heat into them,

#10 ·
damian1M said:
THETYRANT said:
They are good aren't they :)
Are they available in 1M sizes? I could do with replacing my pads all round.
Yes we make them for pretty much any car, get in touch if you need more details and pricing, also I must point out our XP8 compound is a fastroad/trackday compound where it works very well, however it is quite dusty and also can squeal if doing a lot of slow/gentle road use so if this is any issue it might not be the compound for you, if you want to stop thought its superb :D

#11 ·
Rustle said:
Actually, scrap that last comment Marco. Just did a 3hr trip across London and they did squeal a bit. Never get warm on a run like that. They were fine after Bedford, seem to like getting heat into them,

Yes they can get quite noisy in town as they are not getting the heat so glaze up which causes the noise, few hard brakes once you get chance to open car up though usually quieten things down :D

#12 ·
THETYRANT said:
Rustle said:

Yes they can get quite noisy in town as they are not getting the heat so glaze up which causes the noise, few hard brakes once you get chance to open car up though usually quieten things down :D
I had a new puppy in the car so couldn't stomp on the anchors like I normally would have. He puked twice as it was !!!

#14 ·
marco_polo said:
:eek2: Well feck my old boots, these are my new favourite thing. :D
Excellent :) hope they havent turned you into a hooligan charging everywhere and leaving your braking as late as possible at every opportunity to see if it will stop :)...i can assure you the pads will but tyres are the limiting factor :lol2:

Enjoy :twisted:

#16 ·
THETYRANT said:
marco_polo said:
Excellent :) hope they havent turned you into a hooligan charging everywhere and leaving your braking as late as possible at every opportunity to see if it will stop :)...i can assure you the pads will but tyres are the limiting factor :lol2:

Enjoy :twisted:
I've got 245 Supersports up front, so they'll take a bit of energy. :D

#17 ·
marco_polo said:
Good aye!! Have you done the bedding in yet? Did mine at Bedford, got them smoking and induced some long pedal action from the fluid, but they were mental after the cool down. I think I might have over done it a bit, though I did also have new discs.

#19 ·
rob180bhp said:
What's the going prices for these amazing pads
For
M135i fronts and mgtf ap racing calipers

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
M135i Front XP8 Pads RRP @ £240+vat & delivery, i can usually squeeze a bit of for BB members though :)

MGTF pads i would need check but is below the shape you need ?

#21 ·
marco_polo said:
Yup, all bedded in on a quiet stretch of the M20!
Jesus really? I went out to the a3 at midnight and couldn't find room!! Decided better to lose an hour of track time instead of having someone ram me up the backside!!

#22 ·
Rustle said:
Good aye!! Have you done the bedding in yet? Did mine at Bedford, got them smoking and induced some long pedal action from the fluid, but they were mental after the cool down. I think I might have over done it a bit, though I did also have new discs.
Marcos pads were already pre-bedded in my 130i around Croft, Spa and the Ring :D....just needed to do a film transfer onto his discs and then good to go :)

I

#23 ·
Rich196 said:
XP8s are good but got the XP10s in the GT86. Wowzerssssss.

Tip dont bother cleaning your wheels before you bed them in though!!!
Yes XP10 is a whole other level!....i tested the XP24 in my old Evo9 but on even on 245 wide MPSS i could only use probably half of power available! :lol2:

#24 ·
Off topic but... I've currently been running EBC bluestuff in my MX5 Supercup car but they've changed the compound, not to my liking, ill have to give you a ring to discuss as I need to order some new pads before Donington Park round in a few weeks :)

#25 ·
TCR94 said:
Off topic but... I've currently been running EBC bluestuff in my MX5 Supercup car but they've changed the compound, not to my liking, ill have to give you a ring to discuss as I need to order some new pads before Donington Park round in a few weeks :)
Sure get in touch, most of the Supercup Mk3 and Mk1 MX5's use our XP8 even if they don't always let on ;)

Ian

#26 ·
THETYRANT said:
TCR94 said:
Sure get in touch, most of the Supercup Mk3 and Mk1 MX5's use our XP8 even if they don't always let on ;)

Ian
My MX5 mk3 track car came with rodders pads in it. Dont know if you have used them or not? Just looking for a common bench mark. They were wearing fast. Ian did me a full set of XP8s. They were even better performing than rodders pads, and they were good. But more to the point they wore a lot better, I did over 6 track days over 250 miles a day, and they weren't even half worn then I sold it. I would defiantly give them ago!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.