Cars & Coffee Manchester @ Barton Airport

Post any BMW meetings that are taking place in the UK here. Feel free to link to maps and photos.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, spokey

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 622
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:27 am
Location: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire

Re: Cars & Coffee Manchester @ Barton Airport

Post by paddyboy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:29 pm

Michellesburns wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:18 pm

I’ve been to the Barton Meet once to one of their Thursday night meets. I go to the Trafford centre often

I’ve never been in the m135i but apparently they sound different to mine but both sweet sounding

You never know maybe go to an event I know my two local dealers have black Friday offers on next weekend


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We're in Holmfirth so sometimes my hubby makes me go to Meadowhall .... he's far better at shopping then me I soon get bored lol!

The 130i is a fantastic car its just there are times when I think it could do with a turbo

Its something to do over winter when my work is quiet to go test drive some cars :D
'09' 130i M Sport Auto - Le Mans Blue / Boston Beige Leather

Michellesburns
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Re: Cars & Coffee Manchester @ Barton Airport

Post by Michellesburns » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:12 pm

paddyboy wrote:
Michellesburns wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:18 pm

I’ve been to the Barton Meet once to one of their Thursday night meets. I go to the Trafford centre often

I’ve never been in the m135i but apparently they sound different to mine but both sweet sounding

You never know maybe go to an event I know my two local dealers have black Friday offers on next weekend


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We're in Holmfirth so sometimes my hubby makes me go to Meadowhall .... he's far better at shopping then me I soon get bored lol!

The 130i is a fantastic car its just there are times when I think it could do with a turbo

Its something to do over winter when my work is quiet to go test drive some cars :D
I’ve always wanted to go the Meadowhall but it’s a bit of a faff to get there

Oh nice that’ll be good I’m going to take advantage next weekend and try out some cars


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 622
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:27 am
Location: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire

Re: Cars & Coffee Manchester @ Barton Airport

Post by paddyboy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:46 am

Michellesburns wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:12 pm

I’ve always wanted to go the Meadowhall but it’s a bit of a faff to get there

Oh nice that’ll be good I’m going to take advantage next weekend and try out some cars


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you mean you're going to test drive some cars? Have fun if you do :spotman:

Can't see I'll get to Barton for a little while - moving house on Thursday + Friday - mad packing at this end then mad unpacking at that end for some time lol!
'09' 130i M Sport Auto - Le Mans Blue / Boston Beige Leather

Michellesburns
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Re: Cars & Coffee Manchester @ Barton Airport

Post by Michellesburns » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:12 am

paddyboy wrote:
Michellesburns wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:12 pm

I’ve always wanted to go the Meadowhall but it’s a bit of a faff to get there

Oh nice that’ll be good I’m going to take advantage next weekend and try out some cars


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you mean you're going to test drive some cars? Have fun if you do :spotman:

Can't see I'll get to Barton for a little while - moving house on Thursday + Friday - mad packing at this end then mad unpacking at that end for some time lol!
Hopefully yes if I'm free

I don't think there are any more dates set for a while now anyway
Hope it's a safe move and enjoy the new house :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 622
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:27 am
Location: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire

Re: Cars & Coffee Manchester @ Barton Airport

Post by paddyboy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:11 pm

Michellesburns wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:12 am

Hopefully yes if I'm free

I don't think there are any more dates set for a while now anyway
Hope it's a safe move and enjoy the new house :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Ah I see you mean you're changing your M140i then? So where do you go from an M140i there aren't that many places if you still want to keep it a babybmw

Yes house move is on for Thursday moving a long way - a mile down the road! :lol:

Still means just the same amount of packing + unpacking tho

Enjoy those test drives + let us know how you get on :spotman:
'09' 130i M Sport Auto - Le Mans Blue / Boston Beige Leather

User avatar
Mad_Mac
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: Cars & Coffee Manchester @ Barton Airport

Post by Mad_Mac » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:45 pm

I would be tempted to pop in to one of the meeting when the weather is right.
F20 2015 M135i LCI manual, black, coral interior, comfort pack, black grill and MPE

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 622
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:27 am
Location: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire

Re: Cars & Coffee Manchester @ Barton Airport

Post by paddyboy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:24 pm

Mad_Mac wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:45 pm
I would be tempted to pop in to one of the meeting when the weather is right.
Yeah I'd like to go to see what its all about

Definitely needs dry weather but Michellesburns had said "I don't think there are any more dates set for a while now anyway" so might have to watch n wait
'09' 130i M Sport Auto - Le Mans Blue / Boston Beige Leather

ben77mc
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:53 pm

Re: Cars & Coffee Manchester @ Barton Airport

Post by ben77mc » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:58 am

Will be heading over there again this Sunday in my new (to me) M235i. Picked it up on the weekend so will be good to get it out and about if anyone else fancies it.

Link to the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/285672725409336/

Michellesburns
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Re: Cars & Coffee Manchester @ Barton Airport

Post by Michellesburns » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:24 am

I may head down on Sunday then. If I can get time to clean the car and it doesn’t rain


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 622
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:27 am
Location: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire

Re: Cars & Coffee Manchester @ Barton Airport

Post by paddyboy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:05 pm

I may pop down on Sunday as well then - be good to get a babybmw rendezvous

Do you just turn up + get directed where to park - is it purely random or do they aim to get same car makes parked together?

Forecast for Sunday showing ok at the mo .... fingers crossed
'09' 130i M Sport Auto - Le Mans Blue / Boston Beige Leather

Michellesburns
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Re: Cars & Coffee Manchester @ Barton Airport

Post by Michellesburns » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:28 pm

The Thursday one I went too. We went in together and managed to park on the car park. Rather than the grass
I guess with the amount that go. It's better to try and turn up together?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 622
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:27 am
Location: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire

Re: Cars & Coffee Manchester @ Barton Airport

Post by paddyboy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:48 pm

Michellesburns wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:28 pm
The Thursday one I went too. We went in together and managed to park on the car park. Rather than the grass
I guess with the amount that go. It's better to try and turn up together?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Meet close by + turn up at the gate as a group sounds like a good plan :thumbs:

Looking at Google maps is it J11 on the M60 then down the A57?
'09' 130i M Sport Auto - Le Mans Blue / Boston Beige Leather

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 622
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:27 am
Location: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire

Re: Cars & Coffee Manchester @ Barton Airport

Post by paddyboy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:05 am

Anybody still planning on going to this?

Weather forecast for t'moro morning for the north west looks ok
'09' 130i M Sport Auto - Le Mans Blue / Boston Beige Leather

Michellesburns
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Re: Cars & Coffee Manchester @ Barton Airport

Post by Michellesburns » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:43 am

paddyboy wrote:Anybody still planning on going to this?

Weather forecast for t'moro morning for the north west looks ok
Hopefully if I can manage to clean the car today


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 622
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:27 am
Location: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire

Re: Cars & Coffee Manchester @ Barton Airport

Post by paddyboy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:35 pm

Michellesburns wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:43 am

Hopefully if I can manage to clean the car today


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't worry about that cleaning thing its not like it's a show or anything

I just think with the roads as they are after a 1 hour journey its just as bad again

I shall take.mine au natural :D
'09' 130i M Sport Auto - Le Mans Blue / Boston Beige Leather

Post Reply

Return to “UK”