Big Forum Meet

Post any BMW meetings that are taking place in the UK here. Feel free to link to maps and photos.

Moderators: Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196, Producethis, marco_polo, spokey

Rick235i
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Big Forum Meet

Post by Rick235i »

I know a great beach in Cornwall that can host!

Jokes aside I would be up for it, can park our cars two meters away from each other and do the weekly shop, worst case scenario ‘it’s essential’ 😂.

Has to be a sunny day with the F23....!

May or June works for me.
Dizeee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Dizeee »

Maybe the June date then.

I would have hoped by then there will be significant changes, May onwards should see outdoor activities / gyms / food outlets opening with some sort of low level restrictions imposed. Covid will be here forever mutating constantly, so it will be a case of balancing vaccines and boosters from this year on, much like the Flu jab. I don't know what it is like up North but down here life is very much as it was save for places being closed and the odd queue at the shops.
BW Custom ECU & ZF8 Tune - 430bhp - 630NM

"Understand the inertia of moving mass and adjust inputs accordingly, with hardware in mind. Anything is possible"
OneTwenty
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by OneTwenty »

It was this article I read yesterday that made me think it won't be back to normal anytime soon:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 98605.html

“Even with the highest possible uptake and fastest vaccination program, full relaxation by the time schools return in September would still result in significant further disease,” the study warns.

They mention August in that for deaths :(

Nothing is open up here other than supermarkets and B&Q etc. In Tier 3 it was pretty much the same as well IIRC.

I believe lockdown will finish end of March, we'll then be in Tier 3 until end of July with no foreign travel allowed, and only allowed to travel locally and then by October we may ease down into lower tiers but I can't see us being able to leave the county until the end of the year. And then wave 3 will come in and back to square one.

The vaccine isn't going to make much difference IMO. :(
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise
OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty »

They do go on to say this though so maybe it will be OK:

"However the researchers say that a relaxation of measures to the level seen in late summer 2020, when pubs and restaurants were open and gatherings of up to 30 people were allowed, would “result in only a very minimal further disease burden”."
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

Dizeee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Dizeee »

I have no doubt full relaxation, as in, back to 2019, will not be a thing until next year. But look at what we did last Summer between waves. It was pretty much back to normal. Difference now being that we have a vaccine program and clear route out. I am convinced this summer will be the one that everyone needs. Plus I have a road trip with the family going to 3 x Airbnbs booked up in Lake District in August so it bloody better be!

"Understand the inertia of moving mass and adjust inputs accordingly, with hardware in mind. Anything is possible"
OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty »

Dizeee wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:54 pm I have no doubt full relaxation, as in, back to 2019, will not be a thing until next year. But look at what we did last Summer between waves. It was pretty much back to normal. Difference now being that we have a vaccine program and clear route out. I am convinced this summer will be the one that everyone needs. Plus I have a road trip with the family going to 3 x Airbnbs booked up in Lake District in August so it bloody better be!
Depends where you were I guess, we were never back to normal up here and still couldn’t travel out of the county, but then we were in tier 3 for nearly all of it. We’ve not really had much difference from March last year, our local pubs have been closed since lockdown 1. We just had a small window where local restaurants opened but you couldn’t meet with friends etc. :(

I think the South had it better, our family in Bromley seemed to be less restricted.

terminator x
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by terminator x »

OneTwenty wrote:I'll be absolutely amazed if we can do anything this year at all, let alone the second half of the year. :(

I think we will be in tier 3 once lockdown ends, and that will probably last well into Aug/September so I can't see much happening this summer, including any sort of holiday!!
If we weren't laughing we'd be crying, by that time of year cases will be on the up again regardless as will any and all respiratory diseases!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

2006 130i M Sport
G90

Post by G90 »

I think June is probably a safer option, Depends on a lot of things I guess but hopefully they keep up the international arrival testing as that stuffed us all before.
Could be better weather as well being over the border in June.
Fingers crossed all goes well. If it's still lockdown life here, I'll be taking the tent and going North instead🤣
Last edited by G90 on Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current: F20 M140i Sunset Orange(Manual)
Previous 1er's: F20 120d Estoril Blue 2--E87 120d Sapphire Black
G90

Post by G90 »

terminator x wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:26 pmIf we weren't laughing we'd be crying...
Laughter gets you through the worst of things👍
Current: F20 M140i Sunset Orange(Manual)
Previous 1er's: F20 120d Estoril Blue 2--E87 120d Sapphire Black
RickN55

Post by RickN55 »

Should organise a meet at Jeremy Clarkson's Diddly Squat Farm like these did... ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

M135i N55 PWG ZF8, Hex trim, HK, Bum warmers, Black panel, Driver comfort pack, Sun protection glass + 20% tint, Twenty20 LED bulb upgrade. Nextbase 622 4K front and rear cam.
JovanUK
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by JovanUK »

RickN55 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:04 pm Should organise a meet at Jeremy Clarkson's Diddly Squat Farm like these did... Image
good idea. seconded.
'18 M140i shadow ZF8: AW, adap. susp, adap. LED, pro nav, driving assistant, harman/kardon, CarPlay, elec folding mirrors, memory seats, reverse cam, h/seats, headlight wash, SLI, FCW, PDC, HBA+
MrMarty
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by MrMarty »

RickN55 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:04 pm Should organise a meet at Jeremy Clarkson's Diddly Squat Farm like these did... Image
And it is so easy to get in and out of, you know.
RickN55

Post by RickN55 »

JovanUK wrote:
good idea. seconded.
Be great if the man himself was there on the day.. What a legend JC is.

Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk

M135i N55 PWG ZF8, Hex trim, HK, Bum warmers, Black panel, Driver comfort pack, Sun protection glass + 20% tint, Twenty20 LED bulb upgrade. Nextbase 622 4K front and rear cam.
Dizeee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Dizeee »

Sunday June 20th should be fine, everything open and no restrictions on social meets by then...

Return to “UK”