Northern Romp - Sunday 10th September 2017

Post any BMW meetings that are taking place in the UK here. Feel free to link to maps and photos.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, spokey

Menace
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Northern Romp - Sunday 10th September 2017

Post by Menace » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:23 am

Semerka wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:21 am
Menace wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:11 am
Not sure if I detect a note of sourness here Red? If so, I think it's a bit harsh and uncalled for.

BJT wanted to organise a Romp because a) I imagine he fancied one and b) there didn't appear to be anyone taking up the challenge (publically) to organise. So good on him for doing just that.

I know you have arranged many an event your good self so you'll know what efforts goes into them and how dissapointing it can be when the numbers don't make it.

Yes there was a 'private' Romp but BJT wasn't to know that and now that he does I'm sure he won't appreciate any snide comment in relation to what he tried to get off the ground.
Hi Menace, I think that you misread Red5's comments and took the them wrong way. :wink:
I hope that BJT doesn't too. :wink:
If that is the case then - fair cop. I'm sure he'll be along to confirm either way.
65 plate F20 M135i LCI / MG / auto / well spec’ed with: Eibach Pro's / F21 tension strut / gloss black grilles, splitter, side blades & diffuser / performance wing mirrors / interior upgrades / full de-badge

Semerka
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Semerka » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:34 am

Menace wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:23 am
If that is the case then - fair cop. I'm sure he'll be along to confirm either way.
Hope so!
I read Red5's post as words of sympathy with BJT as we are rather disappointed by the "other" special thread which now reveals the reasons.
Now:: 2016 Macan Turbo
Gone: 2016 Macan S Diesel; 2011 N55 135i coupe; 2009 123d M sport Coupe

Red5

Post by Red5 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:47 am

Menace wrote:
Semerka wrote:
Menace wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:11 am
Not sure if I detect a note of sourness here Red? If so, I think it's a bit harsh and uncalled for.

BJT wanted to organise a Romp because a) I imagine he fancied one and b) there didn't appear to be anyone taking up the challenge (publically) to organise. So good on him for doing just that.

I know you have arranged many an event your good self so you'll know what efforts goes into them and how dissapointing it can be when the numbers don't make it.

Yes there was a 'private' Romp but BJT wasn't to know that and now that he does I'm sure he won't appreciate any snide comment in relation to what he tried to get off the ground.
Hi Menace, I think that you misread Red5's comments and took the them wrong way. :wink:

Crikey!
We’re really actually on the same page Menace!
Full respect to BJT for the Sept Romp :)

I think it a shame he in all that effort, when the ‘real’ romp was being planned off forum!

Sorry if I was too brief and not clear :oops:
Gone
Tasty 130i
Very fast 135i
Volcano Grey Macan SD
Carmine Red Cayman GTS + LSD

Red5 & Semerka's Stable
Midnight Blue Macan Turbo + PTV and more
GT Silver Cayman 718 GTS Manual

(Team Rob)

Menace
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Menace » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:04 am

Red5 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:47 am
Menace wrote:
Semerka wrote:

Crikey!

I think it a shame he in all that effort, when the ‘real’ romp was being planned off forum!

Thanks for the extra clarity Red - I'd initially read your comment as potential salt in the wound - it is of course not that so all good here.
65 plate F20 M135i LCI / MG / auto / well spec’ed with: Eibach Pro's / F21 tension strut / gloss black grilles, splitter, side blades & diffuser / performance wing mirrors / interior upgrades / full de-badge

Red5

Post by Red5 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:44 am

Menace wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:04 am
Red5 wrote:
Menace wrote:

Crikey!

Thanks for the extra clarity Red - I'd initially read your comment as potential salt in the wound - it is of course not that so all good here.
No worries.

I see the ‘Real romp’ thread was locked and deleted :lol:

I guess not everyone who attended wanted to be so poorly thought of!
There were post being deleted by members, then it just disapeared :(

I grabbed the pics anyway.
Gone
Tasty 130i
Very fast 135i
Volcano Grey Macan SD

Red5 & Semerka's Stable

(Team Rob)

OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:04 am

Very poor show when bjt goes to all this trouble, and the little forum clique members arrange something in secret behind the scenes!! :roll:

I'm sure they must all be very proud of themselves, trying to ruin a decent car community like this. Not even sure why some of them are on here to be honest, 50% of the "special meet" looked like none BMW's!! :lol:

Shame the "special" thread was deleted, was looking forward to some bants today. ;)
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

Semerka

Post by Semerka » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:17 am

OneTwenty wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:04 am
Shame the "special" thread was deleted, was looking forward to some bants today. ;)
It really was a rather inappropriate thread, given the circumstances, so best it got locked, then deleted.
Very poor judgment on that OP's part. :(

OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:22 am

It was bad enough posting up a thread which just said "Reserved", and then even worse to post up a thread of the afters from a secret "buddies only" meet that nobody was invited too (boohoo, none of us are in the cool gang!! ;))

But what I didn't realise, and what is far worse than any of that is the people on the special meet bumping and posting this thread and reckoning they couldn't make it etc etc when in fact they knew they were all doing their own little secret meeting a few weeks after that would jeopardise this one. :oops:

The most embarrassing thing I've seen on a forum in all my years, and from people that should know better. :roll:

Seriously, chaps, you need to have a think about how you behave when sat behind your keyboards.
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

Semerka

Post by Semerka » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:31 am

OneTwenty wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:22 am
But what I didn't realise, and what is far worse than any of that is the people on the special meet bumping and posting this thread and reckoning they couldn't make it etc etc when in fact they knew they were all doing their own little secret meeting a few weeks after that would jeopardise this one. :oops:

The most embarrassing thing I've seen on a forum in all my years, and from people that should know better. :roll:
Very true! :(

bjt
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by bjt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:42 am

Wow, things have blown up this morning!
Thanks for the support all, TBH I had suspected as much at the time but decided to forge ahead regardless. It was a brilliant day :D

I have no time for forum politics, I get enough of that at work :lol:
E87 130i M Sport, now with added doors!
E81 130i M Sport aka the Pocket Rocket - Fell victim to the Monday morning commute

Red5

Post by Red5 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:45 am

bjt wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:42 am
Wow, things have blown up this morning!
Thanks for the support all, TBH I had suspected as much at the time but decided to forge ahead regardless. It was a brilliant day :D

I have no time for forum politics, I get enough of that at work :lol:
Good for you :)
Gone
Tasty 130i
Very fast 135i
Volcano Grey Macan SD

Red5 & Semerka's Stable

(Team Rob)

OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:53 am

Well said bjt!! :)

Sounds like you all had fun regardless.

JohnKimble
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by JohnKimble » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:21 am

Not a peep out of those who went on the secret meet either... I want to say that it's possible we have got the wrong idea about it but deleting the thread I think confirms OneTwenty's suspicions.

Don't think I'll bother signing up for any meets in the future if this is the way it's going to be.
F20 M140i Shadow manual
Was - E81 130i

Peter.V
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Peter.V » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:23 am

Red5 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:44 am
Menace wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:04 am
Red5 wrote:

Crikey!

No worries.

I see the ‘Real romp’ thread was locked and deleted :lol:

I guess not everyone who attended wanted to be so poorly thought of!
There were post being deleted by members, then it just disapeared :(

I grabbed the pics anyway.
They seem to be “uncharacteristicly” quiet now, even though their cars and plates were clearly recogniseable.
Peter
M140i 5-door, Auto, MG with oyster and fineline + Bilstein B12 coilover kit

Menace
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Menace » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:08 pm

Private meet ups happen all the time – there is nothing new here. Should the one that took place this weekend of appear on here in a thread? – IMO no I don't believe it should have done. The mods felt the same so it was locked and then deleted – as a result I feel that should be the end of it, but of course reckon it won't be… :roll:

Let's get back to more positive chat about our pride and joy's on four wheels :arrow:

Return to “UK”