Le Mans 2018

Post any BMW meetings that are taking place in the UK here. Feel free to link to maps and photos.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, spokey

CharlesM505
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Le Mans 2018

Post by CharlesM505 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi Chaps,

I have put this in the meetings section, but it could also be in for sale section. Apologies to the mods if this in incorrect.

For Le Mans, each year myself and a large group of others go for a good weekend of cars, beers and time off! There are generally 15 – 20 of us and we book the camp site at Maison Blanche which is right by the Ford Chicane and within walking distance (3 mins) of the start/finish straight. It is easily one of the best campsites for anyone familiar with Le Mans. There is enough space for cars, as well as a central space for a gazebo for BBQ / Table area.

This year 2 people have had to drop out, so for sale I have;
- 2 entry tickets with camping spot
- A Eurotunnel transferable ticket for one vehicle leaving Folkestone at 8:20am on the Thursday 14th June and departing Calais at 19:20pm on the Monday 18th June.

For these tickets, the full price is £346 per person for entry and camping and around £150 for the Eurotunnel. The people have already paid £100 deposit. The total cost is £842. However in a bid to sell these tickets, I am only looking to receive payment for the non-sunk costs, so the remaining £246 per person, £492 total. Included in this is the ferry.

There is also the option to have a dinner on the Saturday night at the Panoramic Restaurant (overlooking the start/finish straight). The restaurant overlooks the end of the pit lane which gives a great view as the race goes to night time. If interested in this, it is a 3 course meal with a cost of 105 Euros each, payable in advance.

So, the group of people. Generally a bit of a mix of ages but all petrol heads, last year we had an M5, M4, RS6, RS5 Cabrio and a classic Mercedes SL. I joined this group 3 years back, and have made good friends as everyone and new additions are always welcome.
If anyone is interested please do let me know.

Regards,
Charles

Return to “UK”