POSTPONED Sunday 24th June 11am - Snake Pass, Peak District, Derbyshire

Post any BMW meetings that are taking place in the UK here. Feel free to link to maps and photos.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, spokey

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

POSTPONED Sunday 24th June 11am - Snake Pass, Peak District, Derbyshire

Post by paddyboy » Tue May 22, 2018 6:46 pm

Meet postponed - happy to re-arrange if there is sufficient interest at a later date - thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok folks loads of notice this time ..... for all of you who were disappointed at my less than 24 hours notice on the last meet now here's your chance .....

We had a cracking meet on a glorious day so lets do it all again .....

Sunday 24th June @ 11am - Snake Pass, Peak District, Derbyshire

We can meet either at the Snake Pass Inn or at the lay-by with the chuck wagon opposite the Ladybower Reservoir - whichever people prefer

Get your name down spaces will fill up quick :lol:

Only joking .... unlimited spaces + feel free to bring the OH, kids, dog etc everybody more than welcome :spotman:

]Attendees to date .....

1. Mad Mac (+ possible young 'uns) (F20 2015 M135i LCI manual, black, coral interior, comfort pack, black grill and MPE)
2. trolliedphil
3. Scorp (130i M Sport, Manual, Sparkling Graphite Metallic)
4. paddyboy ('09' 130i M Sport Auto - Le Mans Blue / Boston Beige Leather)[/b
Last edited by paddyboy on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 18 times in total.
'09' 130i M Sport Auto - Le Mans Blue / Boston Beige Leather

Mad_Mac
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Sunday 24th June 11am - Snake Pass, Peak District, Derbyshire

Post by Mad_Mac » Tue May 22, 2018 8:24 pm

Count me in! Hopefully I will be able to attend without speed limiter (kids) :lol:
F20 2015 M135i LCI manual, black, coral interior, comfort pack, black grill and MPE

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by paddyboy » Tue May 22, 2018 8:46 pm

Mad_Mac wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:24 pm
Count me in! Hopefully I will be able to attend without speed limiter (kids) :lol:
Well done Mad Mac I will start a list + you can be 1st on the list .... well done for that but no prize sorry about that :lol:

Feel free to bring the kids
:spotman:

Mad_Mac
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Mad_Mac » Tue May 22, 2018 8:59 pm

paddyboy wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:46 pm
Mad_Mac wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:24 pm
Well done Mad Mac I will start a list + you can be 1st on the list .... well done for that but no prize sorry about that :lol:

Feel free to bring the kids
:spotman:
Thank you for that privilege :D
I don't mind bringing them but the Yorkshire Meet earlier this year revealed my son's incompatibility with high speeds and bendy roads :x
F20 2015 M135i LCI manual, black, coral interior, comfort pack, black grill and MPE

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by paddyboy » Tue May 22, 2018 9:02 pm

Mad_Mac wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:59 pm

Thank you for that privilege :D
I don't mind bringing them but the Yorkshire Meet earlier this year revealed my son's incompatibility with high speeds and bendy roads :x
Oh yes I remember poor chap

It was very busy last Sunday - and it will be on any nice Sunday in that area - there aren't many opportunities for the sort of driving we did last time

RickN55
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by RickN55 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:08 pm

Count me in! Do you go up Mortimer road and then onto Woodhead Pass?
Now - F21 2013 Alpine White M135i Auto (Sun protection package, Driver comfort package, Bum Warmers, Black Panel, HK, High Gloss shadowline Finish, M Performance grills, rear spoiler and fins)
Before - Focus ST Stage 1, Astra 1.8 SRi, Clio 1.2

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by paddyboy » Wed May 23, 2018 7:13 pm

RickN55 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 3:08 pm
Hi RickN55 - brilliant you are on The List :spotman:

Last time we met on the Snake Road (A57) at the car park of the Snake Pass Inn as people were travelling from all directions (east, south west) - I think I was the only one travelling down from West Yorkshire as I'm in Holmfirth. I went over Holme Moss to Woodhead res + then took the B6105 to Glossop + then A57 up Snake Pass to the Snake Pass Inn. On the return journey I went via the Mortimer Road (Strines) to Langsett + then A616 to Flouch + onto Holmfirth.

Both make very nice journeys - we haven't decided a route have just kept it open for now but will certainly welcome suggestions so feel free :thumbs:

trolliedphil

Post by trolliedphil » Thu May 24, 2018 10:23 am

I'll try and make it - nothing planned that day yet & it's on my doorstep.

bjt
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by bjt » Thu May 24, 2018 12:03 pm

I should be able to make this one :D
E87 130i M Sport, now with added doors!
E81 130i M Sport aka the Pocket Rocket - Fell victim to the Monday morning commute

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by paddyboy » Thu May 24, 2018 2:25 pm

trolliedphil wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 10:23 am
I'll try and make it - nothing planned that day yet & it's on my doorstep.
Excellent Phil .... you are added to The List :spotman:

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by paddyboy » Thu May 24, 2018 2:26 pm

bjt wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:03 pm
I should be able to make this one :D
Great news bjt - you too are added to The List :spotman:

RickN55

Post by RickN55 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:47 pm

paddyboy wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:13 pm
RickN55 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 3:08 pm
Hi RickN55 - brilliant you are on The List :spotman:

Last time we met on the Snake Road (A57) at the car park of the Snake Pass Inn as people were travelling from all directions (east, south west) - I think I was the only one travelling down from West Yorkshire as I'm in Holmfirth. I went over Holme Moss to Woodhead res + then took the B6105 to Glossop + then A57 up Snake Pass to the Snake Pass Inn. On the return journey I went via the Mortimer Road (Strines) to Langsett + then A616 to Flouch + onto Holmfirth.

Both make very nice journeys - we haven't decided a route have just kept it open for now but will certainly welcome suggestions so feel free :thumbs:
One of my favourite routes that. Mortimer is an epic drive! I often come from Barnsley along Woodhead then drop off into Glossop and back up Snake Pass then Mortimer. Sometimes stop off at Holme Moss but it isn't fun trying to get back out on to Woodhead from the Holme Moss road lol. What is the Holme Moss road like if you carry straight on heading towards Holmfirth? I have only ever gone as far as the mast car park then come back towards Woodhead
Now - F21 2013 Alpine White M135i Auto (Sun protection package, Driver comfort package, Bum Warmers, Black Panel, HK, High Gloss shadowline Finish, M Performance grills, rear spoiler and fins)

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by paddyboy » Thu May 24, 2018 6:50 pm

RickN55 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:47 pm
One of my favourite routes that. Mortimer is an epic drive! I often come from Barnsley along Woodhead then drop off into Glossop and back up Snake Pass then Mortimer. Sometimes stop off at Holme Moss but it isn't fun trying to get back out on to Woodhead from the Holme Moss road lol. What is the Holme Moss road like if you carry straight on heading towards Holmfirth? I have only ever gone as far as the mast car park then come back towards Woodhead
Yes I think we should have a drive on Mortimer Road (Strines) on the 24th - you're right its a classic

The Woodhead side of Holme Moss is my favourite - from the car park at the mast down to the Woodhead res what a lovely road with gentle sweeping bends - and of course that junction at the bottom if you're turning right lol!

The Holmfirth side of Holme Moss is much steeper with a few hair pin bends you're soon down it + into the village at the bottom (Holme) - next time you're at the mast car park its worth going down tho as there's a good pub in Holme (The Fleece) and then not much further the Holmfirth vineyard .... yes we have it all round here :spotman:

RickN55

Post by RickN55 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:06 pm

paddyboy wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:50 pm
RickN55 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:47 pm
Yes I think we should have a drive on Mortimer Road (Strines) on the 24th - you're right its a classic

The Woodhead side of Holme Moss is my favourite - from the car park at the mast down to the Woodhead res what a lovely road with gentle sweeping bends - and of course that junction at the bottom if you're turning right lol!

The Holmfirth side of Holme Moss is much steeper with a few hair pin bends you're soon down it + into the village at the bottom (Holme) - next time you're at the mast car park its worth going down tho as there's a good pub in Holme (The Fleece) and then not much further the Holmfirth vineyard .... yes we have it all round here :spotman:
For sure will be trying the road down to Holme! Last of the summer wine country! Was meant to be doing a run over Snake/Woodhead and Mortimer upto Holme tonight with a mate and his M2 but the weather is hammering it down atm so looks like a no go :-(

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by paddyboy » Sat May 26, 2018 5:29 pm

RickN55 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 4:06 pm
For sure will be trying the road down to Holme! Last of the summer wine country! Was meant to be doing a run over Snake/Woodhead and Mortimer upto Holme tonight with a mate and his M2 but the weather is hammering it down atm so looks like a no go :-(
It was foggy + murky up on the tops yesterday + last night so you defo made the right decision not to bother with Holme Moss - I could see it looked like November up there! Today however is another matter entirely its beautiful around here just perfect for a drive up there with a trip over the other side to Holme + a pint of shandy in The Fleece - you're right Last of the Summer Wine Country but you won't find Nora Batty in there .... enjoy :spotman:

Return to “UK”