Baby BMW Forum banner

Big Forum Meet

19K views 160 replies 40 participants last post by  RyStarr 
#1 ·
I am finding myself repeatedly drawn to day dreaming about the fun I hope I can have in summer - going to a cafe, taking my kids to the cinema, actually seeing and communicating with fellow human beings e.t.c. I also want to take my kids to a couple of car meets as they love them, we went to one or two last year which were a mixture of classic and performance.

Then I got onto thinking about how good it would be to get a loaf of us together to say hi and put names to faces, look at each others cars etc. Who would be up for a central meet sometime in May / June that is accessible for most where we can have a get together, rules permitting?

I was thinking May 15th weekend - weather will be great by then and restrictions hopefully eased. Somewhere just north of London would be geographically neutral but open to anywhere really. I work half my weekends but have 3 of them off in May...

Anyone up for it?

South England
Dizeee
JovanUK
PJE16
Major_Sarcasm
rjohnson1993
CalvinNismo
Podders
Ja50nK
Paul CS
Hakiro 09
BP (possible, depends on when and where)
N54_Liam
RyStarr?

London & Surrounds
Dizeee
JovanUK
PJE16
Major_Sarcasm
rjohnson1993
CalvinNismo
Ja50nK (West)
marco_polo
Paul CS
Hakiro 09
BP
N54_Liam
RyStarr?
Ruksy
Mr E30

Mid Country ( Banbury / Bicester / Milton keynes )
Dizeee
JovanUK
PJE16
Major_Sarcasm
CalvinNismo
Podders
Ja50nK (at a push, depending on what we're doing)
Paul CS
Hakiro 09
BP (possible, depends on where)
SamM140
N54_Liam
Tiberius?
Shins (possibly)
RyStarr??
Rusky
Mr E30

North England
PJE16 - possibly as like G90 but in the opposite direction Image
Major_Sarcasm (possible, depends on where)
CalvinNismo
Dom M135i (possible, depends on where)
Shins
SamM140 (depends how far north)

See less See more
#7 ·
Bluewater is the wrong side of London surely?

Somewhere just west of London might make it feasible for people coming from the north as well as Wales and the south west.

Some where like Marlow on the A404 which links the M4 and M40. Or Maybe Oxford area, great access from all routes.

--

#10 ·
I guess final location is key to who can attend? I can do anywhere around London and would be prepared to travel north of it ( a bit ). I may contact caffeine and machine to see if we can use them to host something, otherwise a car park is as good as any.

#13 ·
Dizeee said:
I guess final location is key to who can attend? I can do anywhere around London and would be prepared to travel north of it ( a bit ). I may contact caffeine and machine to see if we can use them to host something, otherwise a car park is as good as any.
I've been there before when the M Lite OC has descended on mass, no idea if it was official or not. I guess it's worth a shout to see if they'll host something officially , failing that I doubt there'd be too much of an issue if a group turned up anyway especially as there are usually loads of last minute drop outs.

#14 ·
Im up for this, sounds good. I am Oxford way so @50pence thats perfect haha. Combining it with a dyno day at SRR would also be pretty cool, but I'm easy as to whatever pans out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
You probably need to re-title this thread as "Big South Forum Meet"

Not sure those of us in Lancashire or Scotland will find London or Surrey that easy to get to. ;)

We did this back in the Scoobynet days but we arranged it in the Midlands, Nottingham to be exact and it was a huge meet in the back lot of a pub. Paul Cowland arranged it back then (the guy from Quest, Classic Car Hunters etc). I'm still in touch with him so could find out the pub name.

Forum meets are funny, been to loads over the years and the most vocal online members are normally the quietest ones in real life, myself definitely not included in that!! :lol2:

#18 ·
+1 for Brooklands despite it being a couple of hours at least for me.

--

#19 ·
OneTwenty said:
Forum meets are funny, been to loads over the years and the most vocal online members are normally the quietest ones in real life, myself definitely not included in that!! :lol2:

Happy to travel oop north if the likes of G90 and our Scottish contingent are prepared to travel down from Bonny Scotland.

Where is central between lands end and John o groats? Guessing Nottingham will be close to central.

The more we can get in one place the better.

#21 ·
Twenny said:
716 miles top to bottom.

Even Penrith in Cumbria isn't even half way.
You can stop at Inverness, I don't think any forum members, or possibly even people live above that. ;)

#22 ·
Penrith is about halfway, give or take few miles
Chichester is not Land's End
and some of the roads further north are not motorways so it takes longer
Eitherway I'd like to meet up with some of our Scottish contingent

#25 ·
Dizeee said:
I would go north too but probably only as far as Birmingham!
Same with me tbh.

If its a proper big meet then maybe would go a bit further North

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#26 ·
Kendal is almost exactly half way between Lands End and John O Groats.

--

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.