Baby BMW Forum banner

Le Mans 24Hr Race

16K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  docwra 
#1 ·
Anyone heading down for the 24Hr this year?

I should be,going to be a short trip this year due to work so heading down on Friday evening.

#2 ·
I will be there, trip #6, can't wait.

Going Thursday to Monday, camping in Expo, group of 20. Not bothering with the 130, taking my VW T4 instead, to properly equip our camp with all mod cons.

It's gonna be a good one!

#3 ·
would love to but i'm pre disposed. would like to plan a trip to europe this summer with a good drive down or some nice event at the other end. any ideas? your all going to say the ring but it's with my princess and she won't be up for that :lol2:

#6 ·
Went last year in my old 320td, had as much fun getting there as we did watching the race. Fantastic roads over there, not to mention the great performance cars you often end up in convoy with.

Missing out this year sadly as one of my mates arranged his wedding for the same weekend :( - i'm guessing his other half picked the date !

Hope you guys who do make it over there have a great weekend....

Rob.

#9 ·
Hi All

Yes I'm making the annual pilgrimage (14th year for me) along with 5 friends, arriving Thursday leaving Monday and staying again at Camping Houx.

It's not my turn to drive this year so will be leaving the Coupe with the Wife (not sure if this is a good idea !!) and traveling down in an Audi R8, Porsche Carrera 4S & Skyline GTR, should be fun.

Would be good to say hello to anyone else who is going to be there.

#10 ·
Hi Lbeamer

I will be there, trip #7, can't wait.

Going Thursday to Monday, camping in Expo, group of 24. Not bothering with the 130, taking my VW T4 instead, to properly equip our camp with all mod cons.

It's gonna be a good one!

:D

#11 ·
I will be going down on the Monday as we have a house 150m from Porsche curves. I want to spend a full week working on my tan whilst slowly supping cheap red wine.

Sausages for Brekkie, Steaks for dinner. The communal BBQ we have will be fired up on Monday and remain lit for pretty much 7 days and nights, I cannot wait!

#13 ·
Behind Porsche Curves sounds like a great location.
Is that an organised trip?

Well i'm doing the same so heading down Friday,may need somewhere to throw my tent up though so any space/offers always very welcome :twisted:

#14 ·
wrightyrs said:
Behind Porsche Curves sounds like a great location.
Is that an organised trip?

Well i'm doing the same so heading down Friday,may need somewhere to throw my tent up though so any space/offers always very welcome :twisted:
Better late than never? :redface:

Its an amazing location. A very close friend of mine is the owner of " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and I have been helping him arrange and run the camp for a number of years now. We have a great group of people that come with us every year.

Mods - happy to remove link if this is seen as a shameless plug.

#15 ·
I'm loosing my LeMans 'V' plates this year (2012). Can't wait for the drive down in the zimmer. Camping in Houx and convoying with some friends. One with an old Daimler lol :D

Anyone else going?

#16 ·
I'm on trip number 13. there on the wednesday and back on the monday as usuall

over on Houx with Vauxhall again, however somebody sold there bloody corsa VXR so we have got to rent an Astra from Hertz....lol

This will make you sick too. Camping on Houx so right by track, 24hr security, our own proper toilets, amazing showers, about 10 freezers and a load of fridges, touring car lorry and marquee, satelite TV

guess how much......... £100 per person including race ticket and camping and a nice big meal on the Saturday with free booze and proper chefs........

Thankyou very much Vauxhall,

only downside is i have to feign interest in vauxhalls and VXR.....lol

although last year we went to see Razorlight on the le mans concert thing with the MD of Vauxhall, very surreal.

don;t forget the PH gathering on friday afternoon.

#21 ·
Well due to work I can't make the start, but driving down Saturday afternoon, leaving the car in champagne and getting 20 minute train to track, stay on my mates site, watch the race . Then Sunday night pick the car up and drive to Strasbourg, then we have 3 days driving round Switzerland before heading back Nurburg on the Thursday night to watch the Nurburgring 24hr. Also looking forward to seeing where my brother is building his new house in nurburg

Going to be a great 10 days

#22 ·
Down with our usual crew of about 30, we will be bringing the pub back for its second outing:

We're on Houx so if youre passing come and say hello, be aware if you want to drink from our bar (Guinness, Ale and lager all on tap) you will need to spin the Wheel of Misfortune first :lol2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.