BMW Technical Training Document Links

This area contains links to useful sites: online shopping retailers, useful maps, interesting articles etc. Its NOT a discussion area

Moderators: marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196, Producethis

CalvinNismo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by CalvinNismo »

In my quest for ever more BMW knowledge, I stumbled across this archive of BMW internal training documents on the various cars. Really good stuff, bits of it I've seen on Bimmerpost, but this is a wealth of knowledge. Most of it is intended for the US, or North American, market however it is good nonetheless.

BMW Technical Training Documents

Some of them fail to download (if you try), however, below is a plain HTML web folder structure where you can find the ones where the link is broken/missing.

BMW Technical Training Documents - Plain HTML

If anyone has any other similar links, please share them!
jonwilli
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: BMW Technical Training Document Links

Post by jonwilli »

These are super useful and interesting links! Good job you messaged me to say you'd saved them here as I very rarely look in some of the lesser visited sub sections of the forum
CalvinNismo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by CalvinNismo »

Not really sure where I should have put them! If there’s a more appropriate place I’m happy for the thread to be moved.
Octavius
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Octavius »

Brilliant information. Thank you for posting.
Nyxeris

Post by Nyxeris »

Awesome find!!

I pulled the entire site, most of it is background noise, unless anyone wanted to host the site themselves all that's needed is the PDFs. They've added a .torrent file which makes that quite easy :mrgreen:

Open this .torrent file in your favourite torrent client (I'm using qBittorrent). If you've got it setup to immediately start the download, pause it once it's loaded. Once it's downloaded the metadata/folder structure, in the content tab, click either "select none" or untick the box for the parent directory:

Then type ".pdf" (no quotes) in the filter box, and bulk-select the PDFs you want using any combo of click and drag, ctrl+click and/or shift+click. As a guide, it took me about a minute and a half to select all of the PDFs. Make sure you don't click any of the folders, just the PDF files. If you click the folders (or use ctrl+a or the "select all" button) it'll download everything inside them.

Once you've selected the files you want, right click and change the priority to "normal", which overrides the bulk "do not download" you applied to the entire tree earlier:

Then start the download and let it run! It should be around 1.02gb all in, as opposed to the 30gb it would be if you downloaded all the extra stuff.

Alternatively, if you're comfortable with the command line, you can pull the site using wget and limit it to just pdf files. Writing a guide for this would take hours, so if this option doesn't already make perfect sense to you please use the torrent method as the below could definitely end in tears!

Code: Select all

wget -r -np -nc -A .pdf --random-wait --no-check-certificate https://ia801005.us.archive.org/11/items/BMWTechnicalTrainingDocuments/
E81 130i | Thread
───────────────────────────
Click here for BabyBMW stickers!

Return to “Links to interesting sites”