How To - Retrofit Cruise Control

This section shows how to carry out modifications to your 1 Series. Please remember that if you are modifying your car to take photo's at each step and document the mod in here.
Please read the announcement at the top of the section before posting.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Synchromesh

Re: How To - Retrofit Cruise Control

Post by Synchromesh » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi,

First post on here. :fest:

I've just picked up a 130i - it's fantastic. However, on the way home from collecting I got to the motorway, and started looking around for the cruise control buttons... I've owned a couple of E39s and E46s before and these had cruise as standard, so assumed a Sport-spec E87 would too. Evidently not.

Anyway, I've now bought (what I think are) the correct cruise control stalks/slip ring off eBay. A bit pricey at £190 but it was the only one for sale for auto wiper cars and with the replacement steering column shroud.

I'm now looking for someone to fit and code it for me. Obviously I'm prepared to pay for the privilege, but I was just wondering if there was anyone in North London, Herfordshire or Bristol (or anywhere in the south in England if need be!) who had the wherewithal to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Twenny
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Twenny » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:30 pm

I could probably help you fit the parts as I did mine but you need to be 100% it’s correct slip ring otherwise it’s a ball ache.

Coding would need to be done via Wibbles and remote access via a OBD D Can cable.

Here’s what I followed - viewtopic.php?t=23933

* Side note that should be added to this guide - if you have an E82 and disconnect the neutral off the battery DO NOT CLOSE THE BOOT. There’s no key hole. You can’t get back in without jump starting the live terminal under the bonnet and putting power to release the boot latch.

Ask me how I know this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

116i_diy

Post by 116i_diy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:18 pm

I am in Bristol and just did the cruise control retrofit on my 2005 116i. I used Nigel at Castle Performance (https://www.castleperformance.co.uk/). He did a great job. Hit some snags as often happens when programming but he worked through it all and had the car all done in about 1.5hrs. Fitting the hardware took me about 1.5hrs too. The Cruise control works great, why didn't I do this earlier?

Adejul45

Post by Adejul45 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:28 am

I retrofit cruisecontrol lastweek, and code it using my indy maxsys, it succeed but there are no cruise control icon on speedometer, i tried and the cruise control worked! But there are no icon about cruisecontrol at all on the speedo
My car is e87 120i, does anyone know what happened?

Giggs
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Giggs » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Adejul45 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:28 am
I retrofit cruisecontrol lastweek, and code it using my indy maxsys, it succeed but there are no cruise control icon on speedometer, i tried and the cruise control worked! But there are no icon about cruisecontrol at all on the speedo
It is a seperate feature you have to code to the car in the kombi module to display cruise control speed.
2008 E87 116i N43 - Some Mods

Adejul45

Post by Adejul45 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 am

Giggs wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:45 pm
Adejul45 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:28 am
It is a seperate feature you have to code to the car in the kombi module to display cruise control speed.
Okay, i will try to code the combi module then using the maxsys..

Return to “How To's”