VIDEO GUIDE - Install Map Updates yourself and save Hundreds

This section shows how to carry out modifications to your 1 Series. Please remember that if you are modifying your car to take photo's at each step and document the mod in here.
Please read the announcement at the top of the section before posting.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Boosted Autos

VIDEO GUIDE - Install Map Updates yourself and save Hundreds

Post by Boosted Autos » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:38 am

To Upgrade your maps you will need a Blank FAT32 Formatted USB Stick with at least 8GB of space, an upgraded map file and signle use or Once Only FSC Code.

Maps and FSC Codes are available from numerous different websites and ebay stores, etc. If you purchase a single use FSC code, you need not purchase another one next time you wish to upgrade your maps.

Note that FSC codes are generated using your VIN, and thus are unique. You can’t use someone else’s code. It’s possible to generate your own FSC codes too, but that’s beyond the scope of this video.

Let me be clear that it is illegal to download pirated copies of maps from the internet, so please do your research and make sure you are buying your maps and FSC code from an honest and legitimate supplier.

I take no responsibility for any ramifications from the purchasing or downloading of illegal materials.

Jonesy

Re: VIDEO GUIDE - Install Map Updates yourself and save Hundreds

Post by Jonesy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:48 pm

i cant see the video for some reason?

Return to “How To's”