How To - Retrofit Cruise Control

This section shows how to carry out modifications to your 1 Series. Please remember that if you are modifying your car to take photo's at each step and document the mod in here.
Please read the announcement at the top of the section before posting.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

peko

Re: How To - Retrofit Cruise Control

Post by peko » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:42 am

hi company

i retrofit tempomat in E92 330D facelift 245hp year 11/2008, car is 6cyl so is dynamyque cruise control so FA is S544

i test also come back to colum steering, my angle sensor original in new tempomat but nothing better

always error in DSC : 5EF3 " coding dsc required " after erase all dtc and calibrate angle sensor

maybe cure is update dsc ?

;)

Nottsknots
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Nottsknots » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:16 am

jose33 wrote:hi, I´m new at the forum, and I was wondering if someone could help me.
I´m from Argentina and there are no many good forums like this in spanish, so please scuse me if I make some mistakes writing.
Well, I have this VIN number in my car PW36683; I wanted to add the multifunction steering wheel and the cruise control. I have checked in http://bmwetk.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for the correct part for my car and they are the following part numbers <a href="tel:61 31 9123042">61 31 9123042</a> and <a href="tel:61 31 9123043">61 31 9123043</a>. The thing is, I have found just this part <a href="tel:61 31 9123040">61 31 9123040</a> and is seems to work in some bmw 120i models.
Can I know for sure that It will work on my one, or you think is the same. I´m asking because I want to buy this part from a seller from the UK and is the only one He has.

Thanks, and great forum!!
Welcome Jose,
Take a look at http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... g=61&fg=35 to see what fits your car. The two part numbers you listed have different functions, so it is not clear what you have on your car (do you have automatic windscreen wipers with the Rain Sensor?). The third part you listed is not on the Real OEM page, so I would think it is not right for your car.

You can see which cars that fits at
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partxref.do? ... 31+9123040

Good luck.
E87 118d, stock, plus PDC control unit drain, Parrot, debadged, Mothercare baby shades (but no babies), and occassionally a good layer of wax. Instantly forgettable, and thats the way I like it.

Hedgyboy

Post by Hedgyboy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:08 pm

After reading up a bit on this I am marginally confused, I have seen slip rings at various prices but the 1 series rings with cruise and rear wiper are super expensive.

Does anyone know if I bought a 3 series ring that had a normal wiper stalk (i.e no rear wiper function), could I remove the stalk and replace with my existing one? Is it plug and play?

I have spoken to a auto electrician and that have said they have all the computers BMW has and they would charge about £35

Many thanks in advance

BMW e81 57 120d msport
57 e81 120d Msport, Pro HU upgrade, Parrot Bluetooth, Auto, Sunroof, Factory Xenons, Black Boston Leather

Joe
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Joe » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:33 pm

Hedgyboy wrote:After reading up a bit on this I am marginally confused, I have seen slip rings at various prices but the 1 series rings with cruise and rear wiper are super expensive.

Does anyone know if I bought a 3 series ring that had a normal wiper stalk (i.e no rear wiper function), could I remove the stalk and replace with my existing one? Is it plug and play?

I have spoken to a auto electrician and that have said they have all the computers BMW has and they would charge about £35

Many thanks in advance

BMW e81 57 120d msport

As far as I'm aware you can't just plug a cruise stalk into your existing slip ring.
2010 118i ///M Sport

smithson
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by smithson » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:17 am

I have a slip ring ready to fit, who in the north east would like to code it in once I've fitted it? :) Pretty please
E81 118d M Sport - Gone :cry:
E30 318is - Show car :censored:
F22 225d M Sport - Gone
E36 318is - Daily
The Diary

megusd

Post by megusd » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:48 am

MNC8395 wrote:Okay first post. Have read all the useful info especially that from Rob The Viking.

If my car has auto wipers but my new CC stalk does not, can I take the auto wiper stalk out of my car, put it in the new slip ring and will this mean that I keep the auto wiper function when it all goes back together?

Thanks
Hi
I've done it! My car has auto wipers but new slipring with cc didn't so I swap right stalk. Auto wipers works as designed except led does not turn on. I suspect need some coding but not sure what to code yet..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

megusd

Post by megusd » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:01 am

Joe wrote:
Hedgyboy wrote:After reading up a bit on this I am marginally confused, I have seen slip rings at various prices but the 1 series rings with cruise and rear wiper are super expensive.

Many thanks in advance

BMW e81 57 120d msport

As far as I'm aware you can't just plug a cruise stalk into your existing slip ring.
That's correct, you can't plug cc stalk in to your original slipring print board as there is no connector and few elements missing. But you can try to swap your original wipers stalk in to new slipring. I play with it a lot and only found difference in flex cable of the wipers stalk. In my case there one extra line for LED in the cable which was missing in the stalk came with cc. Still not figured out how to make LES working (See above post)

peko

Post by peko » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:36 pm

hi friends

anybody have sucess to retrofit cruise control, command from E71, to E90 ?

thank you ;)
because i not found command compatible from E9x

:band:

firu1

Post by firu1 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:40 pm

hi there newbie here i have 04 120d just got e90 slip ring and stalks from car with mfsw and cruise from 07 after swapping to my e87 it didnt work... my car has no cruise and mfsw do i have wrong
parts

e87

e90

i did swap my stalk with rear wiper still no life ... just need someone to confirm that is possible to make this swap work or not ... if not will sell this set up and get correct one ... cheers

118d 04

redwizard

Post by redwizard » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:53 pm

The E90 (3 series saloon) does not have a rear wiper, the E91 (3 series touring) does.
2009 E87 120dse in glorious Tahiti Green ;)
BMW OEM Retrofits - cruise, dynamic xenons, CIC pro-nav, DAB, combox, E91 sharkfin, Poplar Grey trim

firu1

Post by firu1 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:58 pm

redwizard wrote:The E90 (3 series saloon) does not have a rear wiper, the E91 (3 series touring) does.
thanks redwizard does the coding can fixed that if i swap my stalk into the ring from e90 ?

118d 04

redwizard

Post by redwizard » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:03 pm

firu1 wrote:
redwizard wrote:The E90 (3 series saloon) does not have a rear wiper, the E91 (3 series touring) does.
thanks redwizard does the coding can fixed that if i swap my stalk into the ring from e90 ?
Sorry, I just don't know if an E90 ring can be made to work on an E87, hopefully someone else will.
2009 E87 120dse in glorious Tahiti Green ;)
BMW OEM Retrofits - cruise, dynamic xenons, CIC pro-nav, DAB, combox, E91 sharkfin, Poplar Grey trim

firu1

Post by firu1 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:38 pm

having two slip rings only different is the connection for mfsw ...

118d 04

mikeyscott
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by mikeyscott » Mon May 01, 2017 8:02 pm

Sorry if as I haven't read all the way through. What's best of determining part number for my 2011 135i?

I can provide a VIN if someone has a supplier etc.
135i E82 2011 AW, Birds B1 Dynamics Package, MPSS

Giggs
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Giggs » Sun May 14, 2017 9:42 pm

Im thinking about doing this, can i use the slip ring from my current wheel and just add that onto the cruise control one? since most of them on ebay dont come with the slip ring?
2008 E87 116i N43 - Some Mods

Return to “How To's”