Brake servo vacuum sensor error ?

Got a problem with your BMW 1 Series? Post your car problems here and seek advice from fellow car owners.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Octavius
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Brake servo vacuum sensor error ?

Post by Octavius » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:37 pm

Or employ a baby ?
DEFECTED TO SKODA.

jager66

Post by jager66 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:32 am

Did mine a few days ago-
It was reasonably easy- just needed to remove the polen filter housing and the plastic tray that it sits on to access- I think it was six or eight bolts in total.

It was still a fiddle to get the sensor out- nice to hear the vacuum hiss when it came out. I used a couple of long screw drivers to prise it out. and the same to locate and push the new sensor back in. The rubber grommet looked prety clean, so didn't bother removing it.

No longer have the warning light and anoying sound on start up, which is a result, but the stop start isn't working- I wonder whether there is a fault code that needs re-setting?

The part number is different from my original one. As far as I can tell there is a new version- my original part number is 6786746 (now obsolete). The replacement is 6875605

Kittybmw

Post by Kittybmw » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:28 pm

jager66 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:32 am
Did mine a few days ago-
It was reasonably easy- just needed to remove the polen filter housing and the plastic tray that it sits on to access- I think it was six or eight bolts in total.

It was still a fiddle to get the sensor out- nice to hear the vacuum hiss when it came out. I used a couple of long screw drivers to prise it out. and the same to locate and push the new sensor back in. The rubber grommet looked prety clean, so didn't bother removing it.

No longer have the warning light and anoying sound on start up, which is a result, but the stop start isn't working- I wonder whether there is a fault code that needs re-setting?

The part number is different from my original one. As far as I can tell there is a new version- my original part number is 6786746 (now obsolete). The replacement is 6875605
Hi ya,did you get it sorted? I got the same problem so will probably come up against that too.
I really love my BM but it's one thing after another lol.
Silver 2009 118d es n47 front 8.5 x18 rear 9 x 18 with rolled arches

jager66

Post by jager66 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Had a new battery fitted last week and the S/S kicked in yesterday. £170 from a local motor factor for a Lucas unit, with the software re-set. The last one did well- it was the original and was nearly 8 years old!

jason@bwchiptune
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by jason@bwchiptune » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:39 am

The_Coach wrote:Just for the record....the brake servo pressure sensor was actually faulty. ....Replaced and now functioning fine.

Finally found a good independent in Dublin, who knows his stuff.

Was it paul by any chance ???

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991.
Dyno Dynamics rolling road.
BW autorepairs
Over 30 year repairing BMWs.
New and fully refurbished BMW/Alpina ,Ecus (DME,DDE) and Cas units.
BMW Ecu repairs.
BMW FRM repairs.
BMW remote Keys made and cut same day with or without car even if all keys lost we can supply you a key like the dealers do.
BMW key blades cut from BMW key code.
Key data fixed for non starters or when theft attempted by making key by obd.
Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (when a key set from a different car has been used).
Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars.
DPF repairs fixed without the need of removal of its guts or replacement.
40% of my work is repairing the problems that are caused by other tuners remap

For more info look in our section under sponsors on this forum

0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Click here for: BMW Remaps
Click here for: BMW Repairs

DynoDynamics rolling road testing in london & newcastle

dealers across the uk

BMW tech