BMW 1 Series Lock Issue

Got a problem with your BMW 1 Series? Post your car problems here and seek advice from fellow car owners.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

liloxo

BMW 1 Series Lock Issue

Post by liloxo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:45 pm

Hello,

I have a BMW 1 series M sport 2008 2.0 - i have come to my car to unlock and when i press the open button on the fob it makes a buzz noise and doesnt open the drivers door, but opens the passengers door. When i use my key, this also doesnt work either now. I am unsure of the diagnostic for this or how this is fixed...

Is it the battery on the key fob?
is it the central locking system?

This buzz noise is something ive never heard, but i do get a battery sign when the car is in idol, but ive checked the battery and this is fine?

Please can someone help?

Nottsknots
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: BMW 1 Series Lock Issue

Post by Nottsknots » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:42 pm

It sounds like the battery to me (car, NOT fob).

Could be the FRM module knackered due to low battery voltage - there have been some problems reported.

Could just be the drivers side lock itself.

When you checked the battery, what did you do, and what results did you get? What age is the car, and has the battery ever been changed? Getting the battery light at ldle suggests theres a problem with charging, which could have weakened the battery, which could be causing your symptoms with the lock.
E87 118d, stock, plus PDC control unit drain, Parrot, debadged, Mothercare baby shades (but no babies), and occassionally a good layer of wax. Instantly forgettable, and thats the way I like it.

liloxo

Post by liloxo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:31 pm

Thanks for that, I took it to a garage and they checked the battery and was fine, also re charged this as well.
I do also think its the battery so i will take it back and maybe get this replaced.

the year is 2008 for the car

stevesurrey
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by stevesurrey » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:49 pm

If its the original battery its probably on its last legs by now and lasted pretty well too.
E81 120D (N47) SE+Dynamic Package, 2007/57, M Sports Suspension, Montego Blue, Pro HU+HiFi Speakers & Dipstick

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:42 pm

I think you have two issues.

Battery on it’s last legs.

Door lock actuator.

If one door unlocks I doubt it’s a module fault.
DEFECTED TO SKODA.

Return to “BMW Problems”