EMT light

Got a problem with your BMW 1 Series? Post your car problems here and seek advice from fellow car owners.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Taffieboy1

EMT light

Post by Taffieboy1 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:16 pm

If E management light comes on in amber with a hazard at bottom right is it true warning needs service ?

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: EMT light

Post by marco_polo » Fri May 25, 2018 7:36 pm

Sounds broken to me.

Got a picture for us? Or any OBDII error codes?
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Taffieboy1

Post by Taffieboy1 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:08 pm

Hi Marco

Took a pic but the site said file to big to accept, anyhow I popped out to grab Diesel and a few bits anyway, put the performance D in it, and a bottle of the cleaner stuff, topped up my oil, all lights gone !! Very odd indeed.

Taffieboy1

Post by Taffieboy1 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:02 pm

And now it seems I have created an oil leak, went out this morning an saw wet patch under car bearing in mind no rain or anything thought hmm that's odd, but could be from previous car parked there, drove to yard and yep 15 mins later had a check and was a patch, got under it and it seems oil is around left hand side near wheel arch area, got high torch and took a good look about no cracks or anything, wasn't doing this before I put the oil in, is it possible I solved one issue only to create myself another one :roll:

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Mon May 28, 2018 2:15 pm

Definitely engine oil it's dropping? The AC is supposed to drop condensed water there.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Taffieboy1

Post by Taffieboy1 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:24 am

Unfortunately for me yea deff oil, was fair bit for first day, now v v little, looks like a rubber pipe has perished and allowing it to drip, tell you Bm's hey, as its also making an odd sound too, guess best way to describe is sounds like a horse canter on hard ground, a 3 step beat rather than 2 step, not sure if something is catching on something or timing chain as its a 2010 so N47 engine. Have took to garage today and they say not able to look at it till Friday. Should of stuck with my Suzuki :lol:

Taffieboy1

Post by Taffieboy1 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:42 am

Very similar sound as this

https://youtu.be/rIvdSPu5A5Q

Return to “BMW Problems”