120d Coupe Issues

Got a problem with your BMW 1 Series? Post your car problems here and seek advice from fellow car owners.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Taffieboy1

120d Coupe Issues

Post by Taffieboy1 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi, so first yes its the dreaded N47 engine in mine.

OK, I assumed had a perished rubber pipe leaking engine oil, so garage has looked at this today, turns out its the gear box oil pipe hose. Its on a 120d Automatic Coupe, hose is 10" or so.

They have called to say pipe comes as a pair at £125 + vat, that's OK, takes up to a week to get as in Germany, fair do that's OK on BMW stuff especially if coming over or on back order.

Now they say looking at 8 to 10 hours labour !!! To replace the gear oil hose, have asked if engine in & out job, which its not, so how on earth can it be such hefty man hours.

Anyone had this done on theirs, costs, hours, etc etc appreciated.

Nottsknots
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: 120d Coupe Issues

Post by Nottsknots » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:25 am

Not had anything like that personally, but certainly doesnt look THAT hard.
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e87- ... s/8Jriapk3

Drain coolant (if they have to remove the oil cooler to replace one hose), remove underbody protection (21 bolts), undo a couple of clips, refit everyhing.

Get a second opinion from a reputable garage.
E87 118d, stock, plus PDC control unit drain, Parrot, debadged, Mothercare baby shades (but no babies), and occassionally a good layer of wax. Instantly forgettable, and thats the way I like it.

Return to “BMW Problems”