EGR ISSUES

Got a problem with your BMW 1 Series? Post your car problems here and seek advice from fellow car owners.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Tommy888

EGR ISSUES

Post by Tommy888 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:35 am

Hi all, my wife has a 2010 118d and recently the engine management light came on, it's giving me 2 codes which are 004AFB and 004CAE, I'm guessing the latter one is egr related, although the car still drives as it should with no issues it's still getting a little worrying with kids in the car. I can turn off eml light but returns within a day. Would this be a EGR replacement ?. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

hybridsojka

Re: EGR ISSUES

Post by hybridsojka » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:43 am

Hi, I've just changed EGR on my 118i (petrol). You don't need to worry about your kids. If the EGR fails totally you won't be able to start Your car. In this case the EGR valve is stuck open - thus letting exhaust fumes enter Your air intake - thus choking Your car. Luckily for You the EGR diesel engines should be in front of the engine, easily accesible. You can try to clean it...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUjdZG3-WH4

Tommy888

Re: EGR ISSUES

Post by Tommy888 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:28 am

Thanks for the reply, I will replace the egr rather than the blanking option but thanks for the link anyway

Return to “BMW Problems”