M140i rear wheel noise

Got a problem with your BMW 1 Series? Post your car problems here and seek advice from fellow car owners.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

figolovechild

M140i rear wheel noise

Post by figolovechild » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:37 pm

https://youtu.be/bzLRTOrQ3F0

So I’m getting a rubbing noise when I’m driving (more noticeable at lower speeds as the sound is quite faint)
Took the rear wheel off to investigate and I get quite a lot of Rubbing as I spin the disc. But you’ll notice another clicking noise as I spin the disc.

Anyone got any ideas what this can be? The liquid you see is just water I was using to lube the disc.

Now here comes the paranoia. I had the car in a place to have the wheels refurbed. When I went in to pick the car up they claimed the powder coat came off one of the wheels as they tried to fit the tire. I took their word for it but I could only see the wheel in question from a distance. At the time I thought I saw a gauge out of the wheel but put it down to the paint being all crumpled up as at that time I had no reason to doubt them. When the wheel was finally ready the car didn’t feel right on the drive home as if it was a little unstable. Still drives in a straight line but high speeds feels nervous. I then noticed videos of them on Instagram drifting cars so then it got me thinking they had clipped a kerb.

What are your thoughts?

Return to “BMW Problems”