Smookiin' hot

Got a problem with your BMW 1 Series? Post your car problems here and seek advice from fellow car owners.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Adejul45
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Smookiin' hot

Post by Adejul45 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Guys help me out :(
My car is having a grey-ish smoke if i let it idle for like 3-5 minutes. Only smoke when i let it idle no smoke when running, loaded ,or engine start/warm up
Already read many forums and cannot decided
Wether it is CCV or Valve Steam seal
:? :? :?
E87 120i '05 | Titansilber Metallic | N46 | Valvetronic Exhaust | K&N Air filter | Lowering kit | Indonesia

G90

Re: Smookiin' hot

Post by G90 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:18 am

Whats the mileage? And are you losing coolant? From my experience with valve stem seals they usually cause blue smoke on start up as the oil gathered burns off and as it gets worse there will be blue puffs from prolonged idling to moving off again.
Is there a sweet smell from the exhaust,coolant being burnt off? I had a crack in the head gasket on my fabia vrs between coolant channel and the cylinder. Was blowing coolant out the pressure cap when running hard and when off it was seeping back in to the cylinder. Took 20000 miles to materialise properly. Started just with a little coolant evry now and then and puffs of steam/grey smoke on start up. Are you doing lots of short journeys. A little start up steam can be normal through condensation caused by excess short journeys can cause that. If no coolant loss and not excess mileage id look at the ccv.

Return to “BMW Problems”