Flexi Exhaust Issue

Got a problem with your BMW 1 Series? Post your car problems here and seek advice from fellow car owners.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

mkzp

Flexi Exhaust Issue

Post by mkzp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Hi guys

I have a bmw 1 series 118d m Sport (2008) where the flex has gone on the exhaust. I have been advised that i can get a exhaust flex reapir kit via ebay etc and get it welded by my local garage as the exhaust place are saying that they will only sell the whole unit which includes dpf. I have enquired at a few places via ebay with regards to purchasing the product below however i got a response below from the seller which has got me worried as i do not want to purchase a part which will not work - Any ideas where i can purchase the correct item from or if the item below is suffice ? Thanking everyone in advance for any assistance

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111104740289?ul_noapp=true

"Thank you for your message

Unfortunately we are not sure if these are suitable for the M Sport Models, We have had customers in the past who struggled to fit without tweaking and welding, Others it fitted perfectly so we cannot be sure

We have not had the M Sports exhaust here to check, We have only based this on the standard exhaust

I can send you the dimensions of this if you wish to check against your current exhaust?

The short slotted end is made to go over end of DPF pipe once old flex has been removed and " Lip" of tube been smoothed down

The angled end is made to fit inside the centre pipe

Kind Regards
Gemma"

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Flexi Exhaust Issue

Post by marco_polo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:06 pm

M Sport exhausts (and engines, gearboxes, differentials, brakes, etc) are exactly the same as stock/SE models, zero difference.

If they don't want your money, ring around a few local exhaust fabricators.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Return to “BMW Problems”