Vibration problem

Got a problem with your BMW 1 Series? Post your car problems here and seek advice from fellow car owners.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Nottsknots
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Vibration problem

Post by Nottsknots » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:14 pm

Looking for thought on where to start, before I get down and dirty with the old [car].

I had a the clutch and DMF rellaced a couple of weeks ago. Now there is a vibration, only between 25-30mph, in all gears.

As it seems to be road speed related, I’m assuming its not engine or clutch related (could there be any link to the replaced clutch/DMF?).

I’m puzzled that it doesnt get worse at higher speeds, so doesnt seem to be brakes or tyre related. I’m thinking guibo?

I can pootle about the car park and roads at work, doing 20mph and its fine. I can run at high motorway speeds, and its fine. But stop start in commuter traffic running through the gears, it feels like somethings gonna break when it shakes.

It shakes worse when accelerating hard, but I suspect thats just a function of the amount of energy going through the drive train; it still vibrates wi5h less acceleration.

Thoughs/clues/previous experience/suggestions all welcome before I start unbolting things.
E87 118d, stock, plus PDC control unit drain, Parrot, debadged, Mothercare baby shades (but no babies), and occassionally a good layer of wax. Instantly forgettable, and thats the way I like it.

marco_polo

Re: Vibration problem

Post by marco_polo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Yup, giubo is a good place to start.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Return to “BMW Problems”